ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ɢɪʀʟ

[ No Strings ]

[ No Strings ]

The silence was peaceful, but the tension was lingering. Daryl and Darlene walking near each other as they listen for anything that would indicate that Sophia is out here.

"Poor thing, out here alone." Darla muttered shaking her head.

"You ain't know her, why you out here looking?" Daryl grunts, as he glanced around the forest. Why was the the concern of today, why was it even a question?

Darla thought to herself. The fiery woman looked to the redneck. "She's a child."

"Yeah, but that's not a good enough reason."

Scoffing at his reply Darla shot back "i....I had a daughter....she'd be 15 today if...if I didn't let her out of my sight that day, I thought she just uh..I thought after school she just went to her room and later on I went to check on her and she wasn't there, we had every Officer in the county scouting for her for a day, and then....They found her body just five minutes away from the house, she was hit by a car, abducted and the person left her in an alley way near a trash can...."

the gruesome details replaying in her mind, the woman swallowed hard and pulled herself together continuing.

"now...I got one daughter of my own left... and I couldn't imagine loosing her. I imagine how I'd feel if everyone wasn't trying to help find her, I'd feel like all hope is lost, if feel angry. So that's why I'm out here. That's why I'm helping. So Carol doesn't feel that pain I felt all those years ago."

"I'm sorry....about your daughter."

Daryl lowly says The snarl of a walker abrupted, and the feeling of it gripping Darla's leg sent shivers down her spine.

Letting out a gasp as it pulled her to the ground, grabbing her knife she quickly slammed it into its head.

Breathing heavily as she let her head fall back. "Gee, thanks for the help." She called to Daryl.

"You had it." He grunts. Little did she know he had his finger on the trigger of his crossbow. Ready to shoot if he needed.

Coming up in front of her the scrappy man outstretched his hand to her. Looking at it she toke it, pulling her back onto her feet she wipes her pants and pulled the knife out of the walkers skull.

"And if I didn't?" Darla asked adjusting her hat. "You know the answer to that."

Darla rolled her eyes continuing to walk along the creek cringing at the walkers that had been soaked in the water looking like slugs.