Chapter 3

Authors Note: WARNING!! I typically do not put any bad language or any explicit violence in my stories, but there will be some of that later in the next chapter so...read on if you dare...(cues evil laugh with thunder noises) 

Rays of sunlight peeked through the leaves of the trees as the forest became very alive. The bright greens and other colors of plants were making themselves known through a lively environment. Animals all throughout the entire layout of the forest woke up to begin a new day.  

Silver walked into the cave to find an adorable curled up, sleeping Jaelyn. She quickly woke up to a coyote tongue stroking her face, urging her to wake up. Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she eyed an excited Silver. Moaning of tiredness she lay her head back down and closed her eyes. Silver whimpered, eager for his friend to wake up and go exploring. He lightly pushed her shoulder with his head. Jaelyn then sprang up. 

"Okay...okay, I'm up, boy." Jaelyn just sat on the cave floor for a moment trying to wake herself up. She rubbed her eyes a bit as a yawn escaped from her mouth. Silver gently nipped at her wrist. He was basically saying, 'Come on, get up, I wanna go explore and run around, what are you waiting for'. 

"Alright, Silver. Let's go and see what awaits,". They walked out of the cave as Jaelyn stretched her arms. She slightly winced at the surprising sunlight but soon got used to it. Silver stood by her side looking ahead of Jaelyn, ready for what the day may hold.  

"Well, what should we do first, Silver? We have all day to do a bit of exploring." Silver trodded around in a circle with eager eyes.  

"You wanna just walk around?" Silver gave a small bark in response. 

"Okay, then," she confirmed, "let's go. You lead the way." Silver and Jaelyn began their morning walk through the forest, with Silver always seeming to be a few paces ahead of her. He always looked back behind him every once and a while to make sure Jaelyn was still with him. 

Jaelyn was very amazed by the beauty and the height of the trees. She'd never thought she would be able to get this close to them. 

"Wait a second, Silver," she called out. Silver looked back at her with a look of slight confusion. 

"I wanna see something," she said. Jaelyn examined a big tree that stood in front of her. The trunk was thick and the braches were really widespread. 

Seems sturdy enough, she thought. She looked down at Silver. 

"Stay right here, okay? I'll be back in a minute." Jaelyn looked up towards the top of the tree and began her climb. She started with her left arm and her right foot and worked her way up. About halfway up she looked back down at Silver. She realized how high she was. 

This is so cool, Jaelyn thought. The thing about Jaelyn was that she loved heights, she wasn't really afraid of them at all. Being really high up in places made her feel free. 

"Hey, Silver!" she called down. Silver responded with a howl. 

"You look so small from here," she stated with a laugh. Jaelyn kept climbing until she reached the top. She crawled her way up through the several thick branches until she could see ahead of herself from the top. When she reached the top a look of amusement and awe appeared on her face.      

"It's so pretty," she remarked. Jaelyn could see the bright sun against the soft blue sky. Birds were flying around and chirping, everything just seemed so perfect here. When she turned her head a little bit to the left she gasped in bewilderment. At what looked like at least a few miles away was an enormous waterfall surrounded by trees and overlooking mountains.