Chapter 5

The kiss soon ended when Taylor broke away. Karlie already missed the contact. Taylor looked into her eyes giving her a warm smile. "Let's sleep huh?" She asked. Karlie nodded flashing a sad smile. Her body craved more. What was the woman doing to her? Taylor climbed into bed patting a spot for her to climb in. Karlie climbed in next to her.

"Good night Karls." Taylor whispered turning off the light. "Good night." Karlie whispered back in disappointment. Her core was throbbing. Just being this close to the girl was driving her wild. Karlie closed her eyes trying not to think about it. To be honest she was still horrified by everything that had happened that night. The screams of the campers ring through her head.

***************
"Everything is just wonderful here in my dreams, here in my dreams!!" Taylor sang along to the radio as they drove down the road back toward her city. In My Dreams by Kali Uchis was playing. Taylor sounded so adorable singing along to the music and Karlie couldn't help but look over at the blonde and smile. She looked gorgeous in a pair of red cat eyed sunglasses, a White with red polka dot crop top, and light blue skater skirt. They had stopped a a vintage shop on their way back.

It was a beautiful day. You wouldn't have even thought of the horrors that took place the night before. Karlie looked over at the lake which sparkled as they drove by it. Karlie didn't want to go back to the camp, however she didn't want to go back home either. She wished this drive with Taylor didn't end.

There was one thing Karlie couldn't stop thinking about. It had been on her mind since she went to sleep last night. That kiss and what it meant. She looked over at Taylor who was lost in the music. She wanted to ask her, but she didn't want to ruin the moment.

****************
After a long talk with her parents and Taylor assuring them that they were okay, they had invited Taylor to stay for dinner. Karlie's mom had made vegan spaghetti with breadsticks. They were all seated at the table. Her sisters had been sent off to boarding school so they weren't there, to Karlie's disappointment. That's what her parents always did, just send them away when they got tired of them.

"So, you're a counselor?" Karlie's mother asked Taylor. "Yes, I am! This is my second year at Camp Comet." Taylor answered enthusiastically. "How old are you?" Karlie's father asked. "22!" Taylor replied. "What made you take an interest in our daughter?" He asked in a serious tone. Karlie almost choked on her spaghetti. Taylor's eyes widened. "I'm sorry?" "I'm just curious how did you two meet? She doesn't have many friends and isn't the most social person." Karlie's dad went on.

Karlie's face turned completely red. Karlie's mother noticed this. She looked unnerved by this. "The bathroom." Karlie answered. Her eyes widened when she realized how that sounded. "I was on the way to the bathroom and I bumped into her." Karlie chuckled. She looked over at Taylor who now has a small smile as she looked down at her lap.

Karlie's parents looked back and forth at each other. There was an awkward silence. "Is anyone loving the pasta? The pasta is really good!" Karlie said trying to break the awkward tension. Why were her parents acting so weird?

After dinner they talked a bit more before Taylor had to go. "It was a pleasure to meet you guys." She said shaking hands with Karlie's parents. After they talked and her parents went to the kitchen Karlie walked out with Taylor.

"Sorry, my parents were acting weird. I'm not sure why." Karlie apologizes scratching the back of her neck. "Don't apologize. It's fine. Besides I'm glad we were able to spend more time together." Taylor smiled gazing into Karlie's eyes. Karlie's heart began racing. It was amazing that simply looking into the girl's eyes made her feel this way.

Something was tugging at Karlie. The kiss back at the hotel. She wanted to talk about it. "Taylor..?" She asked taking a step forward. "Yeah Karls?" She asked with a cute smile. "When we ki—" "Karlie, time to come inside." Her mother's voice suddenly interrupted them when the door swung open.

Karlie sighed in disappointment. "Goodbye Taylor." Karlie said sadly. "Good bye Karlie." Taylor replies just as sadly. Karlie's mother disappeared inside the house. "Give me your phone" Taylor whispered holding her hand out. Karlie reaches into her pocket handing Taylor her phone.

Taylor types quickly then hands the phone back to her. "Now you have my number. Call me whenever." Taylor said giving her a smile and turning away. Karlie watched in awe as the girl got in her car. They made eye contact again. Taylor gave her another smile and blew her a kiss before speeding off. Karlie watched the girl drive off into the night. She felt like she was in a dream.

****************
"I don't ever want you to see her again! Ever!" Karlie's mom shouted. "Why?!!" Karlie asked with eyes full of tears. "Because...that girl....that woman...isn't good. I can feel it!" Her father shouted. Karlie couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her parents has just met her and she had been sweet the whole evening.

"What are you talking about?" Karlie asked in confusion. "I see the way you look at her!" Her mother cried. Karlie's body went cold with fear at this. Had it been obvious that she had feelings for the girl? "I don't know what she'd done to you, but she did something bad! You're confused. It's unnatural!" Her father said wearing a look of disgust. "She didn't do anything to me! You guys are crazy!"  Karlie cried not wanting to hear any more of what they were saying.

"Don't raise your voice at us! Go to your room! You are never to speak to that woman again!" Her mother shouted. Karlie ran up to her room slamming the door and crying into her pillow. Thoughts of the blonde haunted her mind.

Karlie closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. She woke up the next day at about noon. She was surprised her parents hadn't woken her up. The house was quiet too. She climbed out of bed and down the stairs. She went to the kitchen to make some oatmeal when she noticed a note on the counter. It read "Karlie dear, your mom and I have went on a retreat and won't be back until next week. Stay out of trouble.- Love Dad" Karlie places the note down, she sighed in relief.

Thank goodness she'd be getting a break after last night's fiasco. What scared her the most was coming to terms with these feelings she had for the blonde. Were they reciprocated? Karlie heard her phone going off upstairs. Her ringtone was "Saved by a Waif" by Alvvays. She quickly ran up to get her phone seeing that it was Riley. She answered. "Hello?" She asked.

"Karlie!! How's it going?" He asked sounding overly excited. Too excited for what had happened last night. "Meh..." Karlie replied. "....okay. So Kevin's having a party and I was wondering if you'd like to come?" He asked. Karlie smiled. After everything that happened, she could use some fun. "Sure I'm in. When is it?" She asked. "9pm...and at Kevin's obviouslY. Be ready when I pick you up bitch!" Riley said before hanging up. Karlie chuckled at this.

***********
That night Karlie had ended up choosing something casual. Black jeans, a Mitski t-shirt she had bought from a concert, and a red flannel. She had finished it off with a black beanie.

When Riley arrived she was already ready to go. The drive to kevin's was short since it was only a few blocks. When they pulled up they could see strobe lights flashing from the large house and Pop music booming from inside.

When they went in they were greeted by the sounds of whoops and cheers from party guests. Many were already drunk, having drinking contests, dancing, talking, or getting high. Karlie made her way through the crowd greeting the familiar faces from her recent graduate class. She even stopped to talk to some. She danced with a couple of people, getting lost in the music and enjoying herself. It was like two nights ago didn't happen.

She danced with Riley and some others she knew from school until she noticed the front door opening. Her heart jumped when she saw a familiar face walking through it. It was Taylor. She looked as adorable as ever.not like she belonged at this party. She wore a red and white checkered vintage dress with red lipstick. Her hair had been styled in a cute 1950s do. She was carrying an acoustic guitar with her. Was she a musician?

Karlie instantly stopped dancing, completely in a trance by the girl's beauty. She began making her way over to her when Kevin suddenly came up next to her. He motioned toward the stereo and it was immediately turned down. "Hey guys, this is Taylor. I met her at the record store I work at. She's going to play us some songs." He announced.

Everyone began cheering vigorously. Karlie thought her heart would jump out of her chest when their eyes met. Taylor eyes had seemed to  light up when she spotted Karlie.