Sacrifices Must Be Made

Sometimes I feel like AP prep is worse than the actual exams. But now that they're over, and summer's gonna start soon, you can expect those updates to come back.

You guys deserve this update way more than it deserves you. I hope you all know that.

Ryker spent his sixteenth birthday underwater, locked in combat with the eldest, arguably most dangerous Titan.

So, all in all, not one of his worst ones.

Only just figuring out the water powers Poseidon had forced Triton to teach him hours before the god left to aid his brethren, Ryker was barely able to propel himself fast enough to survive the attacks of the half serpentine man, let alone prepare a counter attack.

Even with no physical weapon, Oceanus was by far the most powerful being he had ever faced. The second being Heracles, and even then Ryker nearly died.

But he was not the same scared little boy he was four years ago.

Fighting underwater was very different from fighting on land, he had quickly learned. There was depth. The only direction to escape to was no longer left, right or backwards. He could float or sink to his will, and the ability to kick off of the water around him as if it was solid was a huge boost to his power.

He grunted as the force of Oceanus's water sent him tumbling, bubbles escaping to the surface. In a flash the Titan was in his face, launching a huge uppercut directly into his gut, forcing the air out of him.

Ryker formed a solid wall of water behind him, stopping him from flying backward but doubling the pain as he was struck. He used the close proximity he had created to slash down on the immortal's wrist, sending a cloud of golden ichor exploding into the water.

Oceanus roared in outrage, swinging his arm and sending Ryker's sword spinning away.

Weaponless, next to powerless, and significantly weaker than Oceanus, Ryker thought, calculating his chances of victory, Perfect.

It would take at least twenty seconds for the blade to return to his neck. A second for it to convert from its shark tooth form and another to release whatever stored element was still in there.

He had the strangest vision of him electrocuting both him and Oceanus with the bolts he collected from when he woke Ally up and she lashed out.

Okay, so maybe the power of his sword wasn't the best choice in this situation.

But it was the only thing that had the sheer strength he needed to even stand a chance.

He kicked off against the water, away from Oceanus's powerful punch.

He needed to win this fight. He just didn't know how. How do you stop the literal Titan of the Ocean while he was in the ocean?

You don't.

And that's what scared him.

There was no possible way to get him out of the ocean. But...

Maybe he could get the ocean away from him.

It was a stupid idea. He'd only been training with his water powers for an hour. The science wouldn't be exact and the second he passed out, either from exhaustion or pain, if he wasn't far enough away, he'd be killed.

But it was the only one he had.

He was going to move the entire ocean with sheer force of will.

He remembered hearing that when lightning struck a body of water, it would travel at an instantly deadly voltage for a little more than twenty feet before dissipating to lethal but still survivable levels, even that the most potentially harmful part of lightning and water may be the sound.