Chapter 2

Okay so, last night was emm, I don’t know. I wasn’t a part of it anyways. But well, I could only imagine how many firework debris you can find when you step outside the roads. I know that when I get out of my room, my Uncle’s party is somewhat, or probably, or definitely wasted at this point.

The beam of sunlight was filtering my window. Well, you could probably hear that statement on every fiction book but that’s the way I could tell you. It was 7. No, 8. 8:30. Yes. 8:35. It was 8:35 in the morning. Sorry if I always keep on track with time but I believe that everything that we do involves a time frame that we should never lose track.

Back to my daily schedule. Wake up at 7; go to the bathroom; pick my jogging outfit. Just like what I do in Arizona. And well, go step outside and be fit.

But today was different, of course. I woke up at 8:35 and it was July. No classes for me yet. At least, I could do whatever I want. Wait, I couldn’t do whatever I want. I wasn’t in Arizona. I was in Philadelphia. Different environment, different people, different life. Limitations at its finest.

Wait, I haven’t done my daily schedule. I was wasted with ice cream and chocolates stuffing my belly. But like I said. I’m not fat nor had I been a biggest loser contestant. No offense guys. Keep it cool.

I woke up at 8:35 and emm, yeah. 8:35 because the moment I woke up, I went to see my digital desk clock and the alarm didn’t work. Was I late for something? No sir, I wasn’t. For the next couple of weeks before September, I’d probably be confined inside the apartment, pretty often. Which my uncle doesn’t allow because he insists, I should get going and enjoy a bit of air. Emm, enjoying a bit of air involves a lot of human exposure and I don’t like that.

Should I say, it’s 8:36? I’ve been talking and it was just a minute. Oh my god! … I should get going.

Probably, after like 15 to 20 minutes, I’ve done doing myself and was ready to have a nice morning stroll with my feet and my shoes by myself. And when I stepped outside my room and into the parlor, I stand corrected. It was a whole new world for Jasmine. Well, rather wasted.

I got my sweatshirt and sweatpants and sweat shoes or if there was such a thing. No, I’m just kidding. I had running shoes, though. I mean, sweat shoes? Gross.

Okay, this is it. I just came out of the apartment building of where I was. It’s been like the first time I actually got a closer inspection of the street which I was staring for the last couple of days since I got here. Emm, okay. I think, this is really is it.

Ew! What’s that smell? Wait. Oh! Whatever.

My first ever step on the Philadelphian neighborhood. Did that sound legit? I hope it did. Emm, yeah. Pace to pace, I started my morning stroll. And about the firework debris and papers and black powder, they were all over the place. It was a nice morning though. I didn’t want to spoil it.

As I was walking down the pavement, I felt like I had to start my jog now. I don’t get much vitamin D time to time. I might as well get most of it while I still can.

But anyways, the morning and the street and the place was really great. Probably, everyone is either wasted or maybe, having a nice head start of what’s to come. Today, of course.

Before I forget, I tucked my earbuds on my earholes and enjoyed what I legitimately consider as an acceptable ear music. I like acoustic guitar fingerstyled covers. I mean, I know how to play guitar and the tabulations and all. Have I told you that? Probably haven’t but there you go. Another revelation from me. You’ll know me better soon enough.

Left! Right! Left! Right! My foots or feet or well, each of my foot were racing inevitably. I mean, in other words, jogging. Of course, I wasn’t paying attention to my feet. I would look like a nutjob and I could run into somebody. Not that you don’t know. Well, I speak too much. Apologies.

Seriously! I smell something I don’t know. Sniff! Sniff! This is really weird. I probably should get back now.

Emm, I actually just roamed around the traffic circle of the street. Or if it sounded weird considering I wasn’t in any way a vehicle or in a vehicle. Well, I wouldn’t mind not telling you. Did that make sense? I feel like it didn’t.

On my way home, I stumbled rather something that was out of the ordinary. Was it in any way paranormal? Supernatural? A one way ticket to Disneyworld?

Seriously, Disneyworld?

Emm, I thought it was extraordinary. It was a guy. A blonde guy. He was staring at me sitting at a bench across the road I was in while I was jogging my way home. Wait. “Staring”? Oh my god, is he staring at me? That’s like freaking creepy. I don’t like to be stared. What’s his problem?! Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!

My knees felt weak and I just had to get going. I doubled my speed and I just wasn’t comfortable being watched in that sense. It’s freaking me out.

Oh gosh! Act normal. It’s gonna be fine. Don’t panic. Breathe in! Breathe out! I turned to see the guy. Well, I passed his dominion. But when I turned to see him another time, he was gone.

Phew! The coast is clear. What a relief!

I went to see my watch. It was 9 AM.  I better get home now.