Chapter 3

What a wonderful day it is. But that was really weird, if you ask me. I mean, the guy who got the first place in the staring contest? That was really creepy, seriously. But anyways, on my way home. Uncle Sonny and his buddies probably were up now and I might have to clean the room. That’s the least I could do for someone who’s letting me stay in their household. Chores? We will have a grand reunion.

I was on my way to the building entrance when…

“Hey!”

Someone called me. I jerked my head behind me to check.

“Hey! Is Dad there?”

Oh. It was Welmen. What a nice surprise.

“Emm…yeah. I think so. Wouldn’t you want to figure it out for yourself?” I said.

“Duh! I haven’t been in the house for a week. How the hell would you want my Dad to expect?” He’s being sarcastic, obviously.

“Well, duh. That’s why you should see him now. He’s worried sick.”

“Really?” He responds like he does care.

“If I was your Dad, I would feel the same way, too.” Seriously. His Dad is really worried. Considering Welmen and I haven’t officially met yet. Or well, this is the first time we have had a conversation. In other words, Welmen hasn’t been in the house for days for me to meet him.

“Nah! Probably, I’ll be back soon. I don’t know when.” He paused “I’ll see you later.” Then he tried to flee but I stopped him.

“Wait!” I said.

“Yeah?”

“Would you want me to tell your Dad that you came by?” His Dad is actually a drunk person. That must probably why my cousin Welmen didn’t want to go home. Or is it practical living with a drunk person? I mean, I’m talking about myself staying in my Uncle’s apartment.

“I think it’s best that he shouldn’t know. I was just checking on him if he was okay. See yah!”

“Wait!” I said another time.

“What’s the matter?” he said back.

“Can I get your number? I mean, if you want me to update you of how your Dad is doing.”

“Oh yeah.” Looks like he remembered something. “But I’m giving you my number, not that I want to know about my Dad. I could use some company, though. If you don’t mind… or do you?”

“Of course, not. Don’t be silly.” I gave him my phone and he typed his digit.

“There.” He handed me my phone back. “Ring me so I could save your number and we could talk sometimes.”

“Now?” I wasn’t in such a hurry but I don’t know.

“Well, not really now, but you can call me some other time. I really need to go. I’ll talk to you later. Bye Cous.” Then headed off.

Well, that was unexpected. I don’t usually talk to people but with my Uncle’s son? That was pretty weird, in a good way. Such a nice way to start the day.

I went inside the building and into our apartment. When I got there, an odd scenario has flashed upon me. The door was open and well, would it hurt if someone left it open?

I went inside to check. The same environment was still stuck in the whole place. But to my relief, or probably because I didn’t want to be in a lot of people, the apartment was empty. My Uncle wasn’t even there. Well, the culminating hour of the House Chores Reunion is commencing.