Epilogue

As the years pass by, I tell them stories of my past...of the people I have met, the heartbreaks, the triumphs, the tragedies and the miracles. As they get older I take away the innocence I had coated the tales with, telling them the truth of the world. Hanging off my every word, the two create their own stories and dream of the day they can make real ones to tell young children.

From the moment I held her in my arms, I knew that I would do anything to protect her. As her blue beady eyes stared back up at me, her tiny little hand tangled in my hair, I knew, she was going to do great things one day, be a great leader. Nothing would ever touch her, I wouldn't allow it, not that I think her father would either.

Much time had passed on before I held him in my arms. It was a different feeling, yet similar in that I wouldn't let anything touch him, but deep down I knew nothing would. With his flaming red hair that glows in the dark, he would move through the forest as silent as a mouse, moving like a wisp of wind. Much like his father, I knew he would be a great warrior.

Like a flash of light, they both became what I had seen as them so long ago. The visions I had foreseen had not lied to me at all. Both my children were the people I had known they would be, making myself and Legolas proud.

Many days I recall when they needed me, both pairs of beaming blue eyes looking up to me in amazement of my storytelling. Or the days they would complain about one another, their eyebrows frowned together in frustration, both not backing down from the argument they had created. A stubbornness I was proud to have passed on, though much to the complaint of my husband.

However, came the day of our friends passing. A hard strike to our hearts, bringing together many we had not seen in a time. The grief had brought on the decision that made more sense than it would have a time ago. Aragorn's passing, bringing us to finally do what we talked so long of doing.

Now, the two children we had bared did not need us, having adventures and lives of their own, much different to the one I had lived so long ago. Agreeing to a new future, my husband Legolas, our dear friend, Gimli and myself, decided that it was time to travel on to the undying lands.

Aboard a ship, crafted by Legolas, we looked out to the sea, to the unknown, excited to see what the future can hold, leaving behind the old lives we had once lived. Although it was hard to let go of the land of I have known for so long and say farewell to the beautiful man and women I call daughter and son, I still looked on with fondness, knowing that their destinies had just begun.

For that, we looked on to the horizon, disappearing into the west, never to return to Middle Earth. For we looked to the future, with hope in our hearts.