Make Up (John Marston x Reader)

Requested by: Zelda_1223 

Summary: (I keep forgetting to put these at the beginning of each story). Super short mostly fluff piece. This takes place right after the reader and John get into a blowout fight. John comes to find you and apologize. 

Author's note: MORE JOHN! MORE JOHN! MORE JOHN! I LOVE JOHN! NEVER ENOUGH JOHN. 

-

You swiftly exited your tent, surveying the people around that were trying to pretend they hadn't just heard you and your husband screaming at each other. You heard him call your name as you stomped away, but you couldn't be bothered to turn around. You were so mad at him that you could barely think straight. 

You clenched your fists and tried to steady your breathing as you stormed towards the cliff that overlooked the valley. Sometimes this dumb man you married could make you so angry, that you were mad at yourself for loving him so much. 

You sank to the ground and inhaled deeply. You turned your head around to see a few people looking at you and whispering. At least we bring some entertainment to this boring camp, you thought to yourself. 

You sat alone for a few minutes when the sound of approaching footsteps broke you from your thoughts. 

"Darlin'?" John said in a small voice. 

You sighed, "What?". Your voice was sharp and you didn't bother turning your head to face him. 

He stepped closer and stood at your side, "Can we talk?".

"About what?".

He sat next to you, but you kept your gaze fixed ahead. 

"That fight". 

"What about it?"

"Baby, please look at me." He said pleadingly. 

You exhaled through your nose and slowly turned to face him with an eyebrow raised. He quickly reached for your hand and brought it to his chest. 

"Darlin', I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of that. I shouldn't have said it, I just got angry." He said. 

You chewed on your bottom lip,  "You're an idiot, John Marston.". 

He nodded his head, "I know, I'm sorry... Can you forgive me?".  

The corner of your lips turned into an involuntary smile, betraying the hard demeanor you were trying to keep. You shook your head and moved forward, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. He placed his hands on your waist and rested his forehead against you. 

"I hate it when we fight" He mumbled against your skin. 

"I think everyone here hates it too" You giggled. 

"No kidding'," He said sitting upright with your arms still draped around him. "So we're okay?".

"For now." You joke. 

He sighed and jokingly rolled his eyes at you.

___

Keep requesting Xx