• 3

art credit: vessqlius (tumblr)

"i believe (y/n) is the traitor."

you couldn't believe your ears. everyone was staring at you.

"aye, what the fuck (y/n)? did you just want some mastermind dick or something??" miu spat

'mastermind dick? what the fuck??'

"miu lets calm down !!! surely (y/n) isn't the traitor, is she?" tsumugi looked at you, something was off with her normally soft and caring smile, it was sinister.

"i'm not the traitor!!" your protested.

rantaro looked at you, his eyes filled with sorries that he could never fulfill. he betrayed you, just like that. after everything, after you trusted him, he betrayed you. it hurt. it hurt like hell.

the trial continued until your innocence was proven, but that still couldn't prove you weren't the traitor.

the killer of saihara shuichi was kaede akamatsu, the girl he began to trust. kaede didn't seem like that type of girl, she was a happy full of hope kind of girl. the fact she killed saihara made it even worse, she had built up confidence in the shy detective just for it all to be taken away.

kaede akamatsu the ultimate pianist was only a high school student when she was executed, the cause of the death was being hung, and while the execution wasn't just that simple, that was what killed her. saihara shuichi was also just a high school student, a quiet and shy boy, killed by a shot put ball to the head.

as time continued, you didn't trust rantaro anymore and you avoided him, although you had became close to kaito. your feelings for kaito had started extremely early on, he was always so kind and caring towards you, and gave you the push you needed to keep going after the first trial. he kept you from going numb, he kept you alive.

kaito stayed by your side as you found ryoma's body being eaten by piranha's, kiriumi being executed for the murder. as you watched angie and tenko get killed by korekiyo for his sister, and gonta kill miu.

you didn't know how much more of it you could take.

"i'm so sick of this." you said to kaito, as he sat down next to you on your bed.

the only good thing about here, besides kaito, is the rooms weren't awful.

"you can't give up (y/n)!" he started, wrapping an arm around you, pulling him close to him. "you have to stay strong!! i'm here," he grabbed your hand and brought it to his mouth. "even if this entire damn school is against us, there's still us. and it will always be us."
you smiled at his words, they gave you the hope you needed to survive this, and you prayed it wasn't a false hope.

"thank you kaito.." you smiled, resting your head on his shoulder.

kaito's cheeks flushed a slight pink, you two were only friends. did you both want to be more? yes. was it safe? no. but he couldn't hold back anymore, kaito was so infatuated with you, just hearing your name makes his heart race and his legs turn to jelly.