8

CHAPTER 8

        Demi was alone in the room of requirement, she was playing her keyboard. She was too focused on it that she didn't even heard the door opening.

         "Figured you'd be here," She stopped playing and glanced at the direction where the voice came from. It was the youngest of the Weasley brothers. He was holding a plate on his right hand as he made his way to her. "why did you skipped dinner?"

          Demi smiled and stood up. "After what happened, I was not in the mood,"

          Ron's eyebrows furrowed. "How can you not be in the mood for food?"

          Demi smiled, she looked at him and sighed when his hair slightly covered his eyes. "I told you not to cover those." Then she reached up and brushed his hair to the side. Ron stared at her while she did this, his heart was fluttering and when she switched her gaze from his hair to his bruised cheek, he saw her sigh and then finally switch her gaze to his eyes. She smiled tenderly. Ron's heart was beating fast. He gulped and looked away.

          A table suddenly appeared where he placed the plate that he was holding. "I didn't know what you'll like so..."

         Demi chuckled when she saw a huge amount of food, "Merlin's beard Ronald, this is too much."

         Ron scratched the back of his neck, before getting one chicken drumstick. "what were you playing?"

          Demetria started eating and she sat in the chair in front of the keyboard, Ron sat beside her. "Its a song called A Thousand Years, a muggle made it." She took a spoonful in her mouth and chewed it.

          Ron was now interested, "what is it about?"

         Demi smiled. "It's about waiting and loving someone for a long time." she sighed "Loving someone so much that it can take all your fears away."

          Ron nodded, "it's brilliant."

          "Yeah, great song."

          Ron shook his head, "No, I mean the idea of loving someone so much." he stared at her. "Do you think that's even possible? Do you think that kind of love actually exists?"

          Demetria stopped eating to stare at Ron's eyes. "Yeah it does. But I don't think I'll ever experience that."

         "Why not?"

          She shrugged. "That kind of love is so strong and rare. I don't think someone will love me that much or if I'll ever love someone that much. That kind of love is too good, it will never find me."

Ron stared at her. He was thinking otherwise. Yes, Demetria Ainsworth wasn't the friendliest person, but she isn't the worst either. She's worth loving, and he hated that she couldn't see that. "Would you mind playing it for me?"

        She placed her plate on the table and wiped her hands on her skirt. Then started playing. Her hair slightly fell and covered her eyes. Ron found himself staring, who wouldn't? She's Demetria Ainsworth, one of the most beautiful faces at Hogwarts. Before he knew it, he reached to tuck her hair in her left ear. An action that made Demi stop playing, she looked at him with a surprised look on her face. For some reason, the little gesture made her heart flutter and it's something she'd never felt before.

         She knows that she should be used to this after being friends with four guys almost all her life. But it weren't them who tucked her hair, it was Ron. There was a huge difference. For her heart fluttered when he did this. Her heart never fluttered when her friends did this. She gulped and looked away. What's wrong with you, Demi? He just tucked your hair!