17

CHAPTER 17

Demi was walking towards their carriage, her brows were furrowed and it was obvious that she's not in a good mood. She was walking so fast while Kris, Aster and Flint trail behind her.

"Demi, are you really leaving without saying good bye?" Kris asked behind her.

She didn't answer and nodded her head instead.

"Come on, relax. At least say good bye to him," Flint said as he managed to get pass Demi and block her way.

"Get out of my way Flint,"

"Yeah, get out of her way Flint." Aster said who was also walking with Kris. He and Kris stopped beside her.

Aeacus watched from the carriage. He sighed when his friends came into a halt, he was the only one who's already in the carriage with their driver that Mrs. Birkenhead sent. He's been waiting for his friends. "What's taking you so long? Hurry up!"

This caused the four to look at him, Demi took this chance to get away from Flint and ran to the carriage. Flint and Kris shook their heads at this.

"He would be upset you know. About you, leaving without talking to him." Kris said.

"What's the difference? He's always mad at me anyway."

Aster nodded quickly, agreeing with his friend.

Demi, Kris, Aeacus and Aster are leaving Hogwarts for the next two days. It's their fathers' 15th death anniversary tomorrow so they were going to meet with their families at the Birkenhead Manor. This has been their tradition for the past 14 years and Flint joined them five years ago.

"If he wants to say good bye, he would be here." Demi said while she scanned the place behind her, "but he's not here."

Aster nodded again, "you're right, he— Oww!" Flint nudged him with his elbow.

"You're not helping!" The Hufflepuff said.

"Let them handle their own problems," Aeacus snapped making the other three boys to look at him, the two rolled their eyes while Aster sat beside Aeacus and placed his arm over his shoulders.

"Honestly, you two are overreacting." Aster said to Kris and Flint. "it's not like its their first time arguing. They're always like this. They'll be fine tomorrow, or later, maybe."

"Aster's right." Aecus said.

Aster smiled proudly, "of course I am."

"I can't believe you!" Hermione spat. "Your girlfriend's leaving. You can't even forget about your little argument for a moment and just say good bye to her."

Ron rolled his eyes, he had his head over his hands while lying on the common room's couch. "she would be here if she wanted to say good bye."

He sighed before speaking again. "Besides, I'm so sick of saying sorry all the time. It's like I never did anything right at all."

"Well maybe you really didn't." The bushy haired witch said.

Ron looked at her as if he couldn't believe what his friend was saying. "Yes, I do. Bloody hell, I even said sorry even though I didn't know what I did wrong."

Harry squinted his eyes at his best mate, he contemplated before saying something. "Well... maybe that's why she's mad at you, mate."

He shook his head. There was silence for a few moments before Ron sighed and spoke. "Look, she didn't even know why I'm giving her the cold shoulder last two months ago because she forgot about my birthday. Not to mention that me and Aster had the same birthday and she gave him a little surprise." Sarcasm was evident on his voice especially with the words 'little surprise'.