Chapter 21

Misread expressions

----Isadora's POV----
The children eventually reached shore, looking around their surroundings they found that they arrived in a strange harbour, with small grey boat houses surrounding it.

"We're in a fisherman Village?" Fiona asked, curiously as she stepped off the raft and onto the dock.

"Here, let me help you up," she said as she offered a hand to Klaus who took it gratefully and pulled himself up.
"Thank you Fiona," he smiled at Fiona warmly.

Isadora's curious expression changed to one of irritance. Clearly Fiona didn't realise that her and Klaus were...

Well they weren't really anything, not really. She had kissed him and he had kissed her back but...
They weren't officially dating. And she realised she didn't have any more of a claim on Klaus that Fiona did.

"Here Iz," Klaus interrupted her thoughts by offering her his hand in the same manner Fiona had. She smiled up at him and let him pull her up onto the dock.

"Thanks," she smiled, kissing him gently on the cheek. Klaus reddened and fumbled "Your-your welcome," as a response.

----Klaus' POV----
Duncan then passed Beatrice to Klaus and Klaus cooed and rocked her gently, distracting himself from his embarrassment of his foolish manner. He always acted like such a dork around Isadora, he wanted to impress her not make her regret kissing him. Internally grimacing Klaus turned back to face both girls, one was beaming at him and the other was fuming. He looked in bewilderment at both trying to figure out why Fiona looked so cross. Perhaps he would never understand girls.

----Fiona's POV----
No. No way did that just happen. Fiona thought she was getting somewhere by helping Klaus up onto the dock, he had smiled so sweetly at her!

But he had turned around and helped that Isadora girl up. And then she had kissed him! Fiona felt completely betrayed although she knew this feeling  of betrayal was utterly unjustified.

Her only comforting thought was, he never kissed Isadora back. Fiona still had a slither of a chance left.

----Quigley's POV----
Quigley's heart had been through a lot recently. Today hadn't helped, he had been thrown on a rollercoaster of Violet being adorably cute and silly, to her almost drowning, and then to her being the most sweet and adorable thing when she was tending to Sunny.

Sometimes he thought his heart would end up being so overwhelmed it would explode, but isn't that what everyone wants from love? A love so pure and true that it overwhelms you.

No matter how much stress his heart was undergoing spending these past few weeks with Violet, no matter what the situation was, Quigley had never been happier.

Of course that wasn't completely true, he had been sad, scared and worried as well, but underneath it all he was happy. He was always happy in the presence of Violet, irregardless for the other feelings he felt combining with that happiness, that's just who she was. A spectacularly perfect and wonderful girl, she made his heart sing. He loved her ever so much and all he wanted to do was kiss her, and talk with her, and just be with her, all the time.

Whilst they walked along the dock, Violet carrying Sunny on her hip, Quigley began to walk by her, his hand brushing against her free hand, his fingers entwining with hers. She smiled up at him whilst he did this, and he smiled back fondly. Neither said a word but just walked hand in hand down the dock towards the fisherman village.