Assignment

I pulled open the blinds, allowing the sunlight to flow into my office. It's been a while since I've been in my office but it felt great to finally be able to sit down at my desk and relax. My body is physically exhausted though. I just got off of a plane from Hawaii and I'm jumping right back into work. Our Head Boss, Jethro, thinks that just because we got an exotic place for a mission we should appreciate it as a vacation. What he doesn't understand is that it's hard to do that when you have to stay undercover and avoid bullets flying at you the whole time there. Although, aside from the tiredness I did love my job. Working for a government agency, I had to keep my secrets from my family and friends, but it was a second life and it was thrilling. I had great colleagues, made great money, and I never had a boring day. I sighed out lowly as I sat into my chair. My hands rested on my black marble desk and my eyes stayed focused on the small file that I had in front of me.

It always felt like a great accomplishment when I completed a mission. My specialties were usually taking people out, I guess I could be labeled as an assassin. I didn't enjoy killing people but when you do it for so long you become numb to it. My eyes darted up as my office door swung open. I could feel a small smile pull at my lips as Zoe came into view. Zoe was a tall and muscular guy, he was mixed but his skin stayed mocha brown, his hair always stayed cut down and his hazel eyes were beautiful. He was one of the best agents here and I was proud to call him one of my best friends. His deep voice rumbled as he cleared his throat "Good to have you back killer, I heard the mission went well" he raised an eyebrow as he spoke. I nodded as I stood "Of course it went well. Do you really think I'd give Jet the chance to criticize my work?" I chuckled out as I rounded the desk. I walked up to him and straightened his crooked tie. He smiled with his perfectly straight teeth before reaching over the desk and grabbing the file. He opened it and started to read "Fabian Ramirez?" his eyes scanned the paper. "Shame, he was cute" he chuckled out as he tossed the file back onto my desk. I looked at him, smiling wide before pointing "No, no, no, you're a taken man sir. Do not make me call Lito" I joked out as I stared at him. He raised his hands jokingly in defense as he laughed "I was just complimenting a dead man. Is that illegal now?" He smiled wide. I rolled my eyes as I chuckled out "I guess not".

I looked him up and down questionably "So what are you really here for?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. I knew Zoe like the back of my hand and he never came into my office without a catch. He looked down nervously before chuckling "I was actually sent down here by Jet, he needs you in his office" He looked at me nervously "Don't hit me" he laughed out. Zoe, along with everyone else knew, I hated when Jethro called me right after a mission. I needed some time to relax after working. I smiled as I patted his strong jawline "You're lucky that I don't want to break that pretty face of yours". We always joked like this and it confused the hell out of everyone. We were two of the best and toughest agents here and nobody else could joke with us like this. So when I go around telling Zoe that I'd break his teeth people get worried often. I turned and headed towards the doorway "I heard this one is gonna be interesting" He called out behind me. I slightly nodded back to him as I made my way through the metal doors. Although Jethro was a hard ass boss him and Zoe were very close. It's mostly due to the fact that Lito was Jethro's son and also Zoe's boyfriend of damn near 3 years now. They were a really cute couple which annoyed most of the girls around here. Zoe was a beautiful man and Lito was basically a Latin god. Him and Zoe were both strong built but Lito sat a good 3 inches shorter than Zoe. His hair was black and curly and his eyes were a striking green. It was clear where he got his looks from though. Even though Jethro was in his older years the man was a stud. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the guy was a Sugar daddy or something like that.

I looked up at the huge black door as I approached it. My body immediately straightened itself up as I pushed the door open. I was greeted with a smile as Jethro looked up at me. "What's up Jet" I spoke out calmly as I made my way into the room. "Y/N, it's good to have you back" He smiled wide at me. I nodded as I took a seat in the chair in front of his desk. "It's great to be back Jet...... I thought that I could get a chance to breath in my own office before you tried to throw me out of here again" I chuckled out as I looked at him. He sighed a little before chuckling and shaking his head. "Oh come on Y/N, I can't have one of my best agents just moseying about. You gotta keep yourself up and practicing right?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded, the man wasn't wrong and I wasn't going to argue with him anyways. He smiled before reaching for the file that sat in front of him. "Well, let's get to business then" He spoke out seriously. He picked up the file and reached his hand towards me. I grabbed the file before nodding him a thanks. I opened the file and my eyes were surprised to see the image that sat on the first page.