39 | let me down slowly

SONG CHAPTER:
ALEC BENJAMIN - LET ME DOWN SLOWLY

LET ME DOWN SLOWLY
YOU [READER]
SHAWN MENDES

[ a.n play the song above while reading ]

you [reader]

shawn and i were in love since highschool. now that we're older, we have our own house. thanks to his family and i for approving our relationship. we have learned how to be independent and yes, we're engaged at the age of 20.

we're in college now and our house is near our school. lucky us.

school have been hard and so is our relationship.

we didn't talk for the whole week. the silent treatment is killing me. i have tried to talk to him but he just ignored like i wasn't there.

i don't know what's wrong with him but i'm done feeling like shit. shawn have been avoiding me and it hurts.

i don't want us to get into a big fight so i just keep quiet until he's ready to talk. i endured his sudden change but it's so depressing.

someone whom you loved ignored you, like you doesn't exist. i wonder every single day what have i done wrong? why is he like this? but i can't seems to find the answer.

could you find a way to let me down slowly?

time check. 12am. he's not homed yet. i started to get worried. everyday. i really want to call him and ask where he's at. but we're not in talking terms so it's useless.

i don't know how long i can endure this. i just don't want our relationship to end. he's my first love and i don't want to lose him. at all.

no matter what. i will always love shawn.

*ring* *ring*

that must be shawn!

i ran towards the my phone and grabbed it to pick it up quickly.

"shawn! baby, where are you? i'm so wor-"

"y/n! it's your mother here. not your fiancé," a familiar voice said.

wait what? i look at the caller id and i cursed.

"shit! mom, hi! omg why did you call me at 12am?"

"honey, is there something wrong with you and shawn? did you all quarrel?" mom asked, sounding so worried.

"oh nothing's wrong, mom. no worries, ok?" i lied.

"if there's no problem between you both, then where is he now? you sounded so panicked," she asked.

i scratched my head, trying to come out with a lie.

"uhm, he went out to buy tampons! yes! i have period, mom. and uh shawn is taking so long," i lied.

"serious? aw shawn is sucha sweetheart!"