33

~Vincent's POV~

I guess it's fair to say me and Cid are extremely mad at Cloud for going back to his old ways. Yuffie's alive and he probably won't feel the actual joy of it until tomorrow morning, when he'll have the worst headache of his lifetime. Cid told me exactly what happened it great detail, and it's a perfect match to four years ago when he lost Aeris. Got drunk, smoked, sometimes got high, and then passed out somewhere. He was always grouchy and he smelled like an ashtray. That's just bad.

"He needs to take a nice, long day off tomorrow," Cid tugs his blankets up over his head.

"I still can't believe he did all that after Aeris and I never noticed," Tifa shakes her head.

"He avoided you," I shrug, yanking my shoes off.

"Oh, and by the way Cid, I like the room," she adds.

"You have no idea how awkward this conversation got earlier," I say, catching Cid's amused look.

"I don't think I want to know," Tifa blushes, lining both our pairs of shoes up along the wall.

"I'm thirsty," I whine, putting my hands behind my head.

"Hmm," Cid smirks. I glare at him and stand, tugging Tifa after me as I walk to the kitchen.

"Why are you making me come? I'm tired," She yawns.

"I didn't wanna go by myself," I shrug.

"Baby," She mutters.

"Yes dear?" I tease, glancing back at her. She rolls her eyes, trying to hide the crimson in her cheeks. "Aw, I'm made you blush," I coo.

"Stop it," she whines lightly.

"You're so cute," I smile down at her.

"Puppies are cute. Marlene is cute. I'm not cute," she shakes her head.

"You're right," I stop, turning to look down at her. "You're beautiful."

She blushes again, covering her cheeks with her hands and I smile before pulling her into a hug. She hugs me back, but I'm sure she doesn't understand.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I whisper into her hair for the one millionth time since she woke up.

"I'm glad I have you," she whispers back before pulling away. "Where's that water you asked for? Or was this all an excuse to come out here and make out with me," she wiggles her eyebrows. I laugh and shake my head.

"Well, if you put it like that..." I smirk, wiggling my eyebrows back.

"Just get your water," she laughs, motioning the kitchen door.

I roll my eyes and fill my cup up from the tap. Tifa wanders into the room moments after I fill it a second time. I'm really thirsty, okay? I watch her out of the corner of my eye as she makes her way over to me slowly. I take one last sip before putting the cup in the sink and crossing my arms as best as I can in my sling. She stops in front of me and looks me dead on in the eyes. Slightly confused, I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

She reaches up slowly and puts her arms around my neck. I give her a confused look and put my free hand on her waist. She smiles the tiniest bit before biting her lip. Seriously, what is she doing? I feel like she's staring into my soul.... It's a little creepy. Just a little bit.

"Can I help you?" I frown. Then she rolls her eyes and pulls my head down to touch her forehead.

"You're really tall," she smiles.