Chapter Three

We had been sitting there for I don't know how long, a couple of minutes or a couple of hours, when we heard large footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up and the witch was standing at the half way mark on the stairs.

"It's time to eat." she said before turning and walking back up the stairs. It suddenly came to my attention that I hadn't eaten since yesterday. I was starved.

Cooper and I both went up the stairs. Two plates of raw meat were on the floor in the kitchen. Cooper walked up to one and started eating, but I was repulsed. Raw chicken? Gross! The witch must have noticed my hesitation because I heard her say from above me "Eat. If you don't eat now you won't eat until tomorrow. I suggest now."

I walked forward and tried not to be repulsed. I grabbed a piece in my mouth. It felt so wrong. The meat was cold and slimy, yet it was the best tasting thing to me right now.

I ate quickly, cleaning my plate in no time. I was tempted to lick the remaining blood left on the plate but the witch grabbed both of our plates and put them in what I assume is a sink.

I can't be sure since I'm so close to the ground. I licked my lips and rubbed my face. "Now go to the lounge, we have things to talk about Ash." The witch said. I looked up in time to see her turn around and head down the hallway, where I assume the bedrooms are.

I walked into the lounge to find the TV still on. The news was still on and they were covering the candle lit vigil for me. The sun hadn't set yet but lots of people were already there. My friends and family were all crying. It felt like a kick in the chest to see it. Footsteps thudded behind me and the TV turned off. The witch sat down on the couch and pulled out a manila folder.

"As you know, right now Ash Sanders is officially dead. You have no home to go back to. This house is now your home and you are going to work for me. I am a witch and I sell my services." "Why-" "Rule FOUR! Speak when spoken to. Did you HEAR me say you could speak?" The witch raised her voice. I shook my head timidly.

"Good. You are now my familiar. You are bound to me. You probably know already that you can't escape the house, but you can't enter my son's and I's bed chambers. If you are working, you won't be able to run away. The bond will make you come back, no matter how hard you try to fight it. Only death can separate us now." She said matter-of-factly while she crossed her ankles as she pulled a photo out of the folder.

It was a sheet of paper with a photo of a woman on it. Underneath the photo was some information. "This woman, " she continued, "Is Isabelle Clarke. She's 27. Her husband believes she is cheating on him and wants her to be followed. Their address is on that paper. Memorize her face. I am going to drop you off near the cafe she goes every morning before work. It is only two blocks away from were she works. You will follow her to her work and watch her. Understood?" The witch asked. I nodded silently.

"You will meet me in the lounge tomorrow morning at 7 sharp." The witch got up and walked away with a flourish, leaving me with the photo. I looked down and read the information under the photo. It described her daily routine and where she worked. I read through it a couple of times after memorizing her face, but I would constantly be distracted.

My poor family. Were they coping? I missed them so much. I just wanted to hear their laughter again.

The clock read ten-thirty-nine as I let out a yawn. Cooper came trotting over to me. "Come on, let's go to sleep." He walked off and I followed him. We used the cat flap and went outside into the darkness. With my new sight I was able to see everything like it was dusk. The light of the half moon lit up the night as Cooper led me to the back of the house. There was a patio with a couple of chairs and a table. Cooper jumped up on a chair and curled up. "It gets a bit cold sometimes, but I would rather be cold then sleep in the same house as that evil witch." He said by way of explanation.