Chapter three

A/N before the chapter starts, this will be updated as i write more of this chapter.

In the jail

"You two had better enjoy your stay, as it will be your last."

"We're getting pardoned?" May asked, already knowing that was not to happen.

"No, you are getting executed, what did you think was going to happen."

"I don't know, we pull a brilliant escape from the jail, and we take down the Dictator and set free the empire." Carol replied.

"Ha, not in a million years, now keep quiet and make yourself comfortable, you're going up next, and hey, you have a nice view of the execution stand outside."

"I don't think that's a plus."

"What did I say about being quiet girl!" the guard asked as he slapped Carol.

"I don't know, you where being a brilliant example."

"I will be sure that you die slower than your quiet friend."

"Thanks, it's the highest honor I could dream of." Carol said sarcastically.

"It's the only one you're getting." The guard said as he stormed off out of the jail.

"Well it's been an honor stealing with you May."

"How can you be so, so happy about all of this?"

"Oh trust me I'm not, May, I'm just trusting that James will come up with a plan to save us."

"I would not trust it Carol."

"I've trusted him long enough, I think a bit longer won't hurt, but we should try to escape, see if you door is loose, and I'll try the window bars."

"It's solid."

"So are the window bars, and the walls are one sheet of rock. I guess we're trapped in here until we are brought out."

"So we are dead."

"... Yes. We've lost."

"You two, you might want to look out, so you know what's happening." A man across from their cell said. As they looked out they saw the store keeper was on the execution stand. As they watched they saw him being forced into a kneeling position, and the blade of the executioner rested on his neck as he was forced to read his crimes out loud, the blade pushing against his neck with every falter and stammer.

"Se-selling o-overpriced st-stocks and fabrics. A-and be-being associated with the kno-known criminals, Carol, May, J-James, Sam, Tina, and M-Martha." As he finished the bake was pulled out of the small grove it had made in his neck, and sliced down, severing his head from his neck.

"t-that's what's going to happen to us?!" May exclaimed

"Yes, then to your friend. I have the luxury of watching."

"What are you, a murderer?" Carol asked.

"Why yes, a mass murderer in fact, I believe I was the former executioner, until it was found that I was doing some extra credit work."

"So, two teenagers, who steal to survive, are a larger threat then a mass murderer."

"Well you pose more of a threat to the Dictator then me."

"You three, stop talking." The guard had come back. "The General will be present, so I want you two on your best behavior."

"We will try." May said as they were lead out to the platform.