XXIX

Elizabeth let go of the door handle turning to face Griff who sat comfortably sprawled out in the chair before her desk. He smiled smugly at her as she walked to her chair behind her desk without saying a word. 

"What's up doc?" He asked with an air of laughter in his tone. "Am I dying?" 

"Griff cut the crap." Elizabeth sighed taking her seat. He huffed wondering weather to laugh at her or not, his head arched to one side. "You are an arse." 

"Woah, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to tell me that." He laughed arrogantly. 

"I'm your doctor not your friend. I will tell it like it is." She answered sternly silencing him. "You can fuck with your life but if you think I'm going to let you fuck with anyone else then you are in for some serious shock right now." 

"What is this?" Griff asked confused.

"Think of it as an intervention." Elizabeth answered him. "You are a drug addict." 

"I don't need this bullshit." He stood up making his way to the door. 

"Sit down." Elizabeth commanded strongly. Griff didn't move but just held the door handle unsure of whether to open the door or stay. "Sit down Griff before I make you." 

"Make me?" He laughed harshly this time turning back to face her. "You going to get your precious boyfriend in here to beat me up?" He asked sneering at her. 

"No but the security here at the hospital is on my speed dial. If you take one step out of my office I will have them here to escort you to the fourth floor." She threatened. 

"The fourth floor?" Griff asked. 

"We have a lovely rehab facility there Griff." 

"Fuck you, I'm not a drug addict." Griff swore. 

"I don't know you really well, I know you lost your uncle in the crash, I know you don't have any other family to turn to and I know that you've had drug related issues in the past." Elizabeth spoke softly but with poise.

"So, what do you care. I'm not hurt anymore, I'm no longer your problem." Griff snarled angrily as he sat back down. 

"The thing is Griff I can't walk away from this, I am invested in you." 

"Well uninvest." 

"I can't do that." Elizabeth smiled. "Because you are hurting more than just yourself."

"I can take care of myself."

"I don't care if you want to kill yourself slowly or OD on a hand full of painkillers like the cliche you are. However I do care about Liam." 

"This is bullshit." Griff swore again slamming his fist down on the desk rattling her personal belongings. "You don't really care about Liam." 

"Is that so?" 

"You only care about making yourself look good. Big shot doctor who cured Liam Payne of his drug addiction, dating and probably fucking your way to the top of the A Lister's all for what? 15 minutes of fame!" Griff lashed out brutally. 

"You are kidding yourself thinking that you are actually helping Liam. He is hurt, his fiance' is hurt and he is fleeing to you because you are different. Not because he likes you." Elizabeth retaliated calmly.

"I'm the only friend he has." Griff shouted pounding his fist into his chest like a gorilla. 

"Then actually be his friend!" Elizabeth shouted back. "Help him feel again, help him move on past this crash, help him be a better person."