Ex Best Friend

She doesn't answer me.

Until her son appears in the women's toilets? My ex best friend.

They both stand there. Happy with themselves that they've not only made me starve for eight days, but they destroyed me mentally.

I ask them one more time why they did it. His only answer was because I hurt him? I did nothing to him. He was the one who hurt me first. Threw me in the dust with all the other ex best friends.

I stand there. Finding myself confused again. Is this what we have become. Mortal enemies.

Sure, we're not best friends anymore. We could have just gone our separate ways. But no, he had to go get his mother to kidnap and possibly kill me!? Some friend that is...

But I've escaped! I've finally escaped after eight days!

Run!

Run now!

I keep running. I don't know where I am but there is dozens of people. Not one of them look at me.

I keep running through this long corridor. It's endless.

Still nobody sees how frantic I am. Am I invisible to them?

I manage to make it outside, pleading for help to take me home or to a hospital. No attention.

Until I realize. His ability was real. He could see dead people.

I was dead this whole time. And only the dead can see through walls.

The End.