📒 Rules & FAQs 📒

I know nobody likes rules (or some obvious FAQs), but it keep us running smoothly as a community!

Especially when applying to join our team!

Rules:

  1. Please treat everybody fairly and with respect.

➳  Please don't defame anybody else in the team or anybody in general. Treat one the way you'd like to be treated!

  2.  This community is a group effort which means we are a democracy and vote for things together as a whole and people cannot expect to always get their way but we will try to include everyone's recommendations and opinions where we can.

  3.  Once your department is live – it is the Head's SOLE responsibility to keep it running smoothly. Keep a record of your team members (there will also be a record in this book). Remember who they are and when needing help, feel free to get their opinions on things too.

We are a team, after all.

  4.  If needing graphics for your store, please contact the Head of Graphics department (GirlWithSparkleEye). All graphics are free to team members if using them for the community purposes. If requesting one for a personal use, please follow their payment requests as they work just as hard as you!

  5.  Our Discord chats are for community team use only – try to keep stray conversations in the 'hanging out' channel instead of the individual department channels as it can annoy some of the team members and essential information tends to get lost in-between it all.

➳ TO BE A TEAM MEMBER YOU MUST JOIN OUR DISCORD DISCUSSIONS. We post announcements and need to know information. 💛

  6.  Everybody works on THEIR own time zones, so please be understanding, getting an answer back for something may take some time.

➳  Be patient with it – as you'd all like others to be patient with your schedules. (I work on AEST so I will be awake when most of you will be sleeping and vice versa).

  8.  If you need my help on something (or to answer a question) and I am unavailable on here please DM my personal; footnoteofhappiness or the manager: Rising-Queen

9.  When joining an already existing team: Please remember to communicate with the head frequently. As there may be announcements you need to know.

  10.  You can only be the Head of ONE department - but feel free to join as many as you'd like!

FAQS:

✎  Who are the Happy Writers?

We are just an odd group of individuals from around the world that love literature and would love to share some of our tidbits of knowledge with new writers (and readers alike).

✎  Who is the Founder of this community?

It is El (footnoteofhappiness), if you need to ask anything, feel free to shoot me a message!

I will reply as soon as possible. Also; Tag me in things if I miss the notifs! (I am the Head of Felicity Reviews as well, so if your comment is missed, you know where to find me!). I work on AEST time.

✎  Who is the Manager of this community?

It is Nish (Rising-Queen), if you need someone to answer any questions she is also available. She is the Head of H.A.P.P.Y Interviews & the Deputy of Felicity Reviews while also being one of our permanent judges. Please tag her if you think a comment has been missed and you need an answer promptly. She works on IST time.

✎  What does this community do here on Wattpad?

We shine the light on all the books that are yet to be discovered by the Wattpad community & showcase them for the world to see!

We host contests for these things where your book remains in one of our reading lists permanently when you win unless you choose to ask us to take it down or you have already deleted it which makes it disappear automatically.

❥  List of current contests:

Euphoric Graphic Contest 2023
 Propitious Prompts for Poets

❥  Another thing we offer to showcase your work; the H. A. P. P. Y. Interviews department (as stated above) where we interview you (and your story) to show others your accomplishments and advertise your book there too.

❥  We also offer workshops and other things to help you with your journey of story writing, such as;

Editing
Reviewing
Graphic Design (e.g. book covers).
Writer's Block
Plot Generators (e.g. prompts).
Writing Companions
Classes for Newbies

  Book Club is a department that fits in the middle. It does all; showcase your work, generate readers & help you to grow your writing skills.

What does a head (or deputy) do for a department?

They control the entire department, having complete creative and content freedom. The deputy only gets approval for changes from the head themselves. They work closely to create an amazing department for you all to get involved with our community and the whole community of Wattpad.

How do I apply for a position in the community?

See our 'Join the Team' part of this book, thank you.

We can't wait to have you onboard! 🌞