6. dinner

I put my phone down and sighed. I liked Frank. Right? I can't like Jayson. Right?

I heard someone knock. I went to the door and seen a super pretty girl around my age. "Is Jayson there?" She asked with an attitude.

"No he's on his way home from New York," I said.

"Where's Deuce?" She asked. I went to speak but she shoved pasted me.

"He's uh in his room." I said. I heard her go into his room and close the door. "Jayson better be glad I love him." i muttered under my breath.

"Thanks tell Jay since you'll obviously see him, that I care by," She said. "Oh and tell him I don't like him leaving my baby with strangers."

"Okay i'll make sure to tell him," I said faking a smile. I closed the door and flopped on the couch.

I must have taken a nap because when i woke up Jayson was getting ready. "Hey, your baby momma came by," I said.

"So you got to meet the wicked witch of the west in person? Lucky you," Jayson said sarcastically.

"Yep she's definitely a charmer," I said getting up. As I went by the bathroom where Jay was he grabbed my wrist.

"She wasn't too mean was she?" he asked. I shook my head. "Good, Callie I have to tell you something at dinner," Jayson said.

"Okay," I said giving him a soft smile. I went and found a red velvet dress and some matching heels.

I put it on and left my hair natural. "Are you decent?" Jayson asked.

"Yeah," I said with a laugh. He came in and i seen his jaw roll across the floor.

"You look gorgeous," Jayson said. I felt subconscious.

"Thank you Jayson," I said. He grabbed my hand and twirled me around. I was looking straight into Jayson's brown eyes.

"We should get going," I said as I felt Jayson leaning in. He smiled at me.

"I suppose so," he said. I walked behind him and felt my heart slowing down.

frank 🥰
hey beautiful
7:30pm

frank 🥰
text me when you get this okay?
7:40pm

frank 🥰
are you okay?
7:53pm

I felt Jayson looking at me every bite of food I took. "Is something on your mind Tatum?" I asked.

"Yeah, why did I ever leave you?" he asked. i looked at him almost spitting my spaghetti out.

"Jayson-" I tried to go on, but he stopped me.

"Callie, I know I don't deserve a second chance. When I moved to boston I knew I made a mistake. Please let me have another chance." Jayson said.

"I don't know I'm kinda in a thing with Frank." I said. Jayson held back a laugh.

"Frank Jackson?" he asked.

"Yeah, what's so funny about that?" I asked getting defensive.

"Nothing, just think about it? Please?" he asked. I bit my lip.

"Yeah I will." I said suddenly losing my appetite. I pushed the plate of mostly eaten spaghetti out of the way.

"Are you ready to go?" Jayson asked. I nodded my head and we went to the car.

The ride to Jay's apartment was mostly quiet. Jay held the door open for me. "Thank you," I said.

We got to the apartment and I went to change. "I'll sleep on the couch," Jayson said.

"No I can."

"We can sleep in my room."

"Uh oh o-okay," I said. I don't know why I was so nervous we did this all the time. Or use too.

"If you're uncomfortable with it I can sleep on the couch," he said. I shook my head.

"It's fine," I said. There was a moment of silence. "What time do you have to practice tomorrow?" I asked.

"Probably around 10 a.m.," he said.

"Well we can watch a movie it's only 9:30 p.m.," I said. Jayson smiled and went to the movie cabinet. He pulled out White Chicks.

"Yes!" I said a little to excited. I flopped on the couch like a little kid. He put it and and sat next to me.

Half way through the movie Jayson put his arm on the back of the couch. I tried to keep myself from putting my head in his lap.

After I while I have up trying. I laid my head on his chest. Jayson played with my hair. I smiled. When the movie ended I put my hand on his stomach. "Do we have to get up right now?" I asked.

"No," Jayson said. I looked up at him.

"You know if you weren't so dang adorable I wouldn't have a problem," I said.

"Than just get with me!" Jayson said.

"But what about Frank."

"What about him?"

"What am I supposed to tell him?"

"You fell in love with me."

"Jayson Christopher Tatum it is not that simple."

"I can make it simple."

"How?"

Jayson sat up and looked at me. We leaned and he grabbed my face. Suddenly I felt my heart speed up and Jayson's soft lips on my lips.

When we pulled away the blood rushed to my cheeks. Than I felt my phone ring.

"Hello?" i said.

"Callie?" Frank asked.

"Yeah?"

"I've been trying to call you!"

"Sorry Frank I was with Jayson."

"Well, are we still going out Saturday?"

"I don't know," I said suddenly feeling mad at Frank for no reason.

"Huh?" he asked.

"I don't know yet i'll let you know," I said.

"Okay, bye i guess," Frank said.

"Bye," I said.

I turned to Jayson. "I'm going to bed," I said.

"Okay, I think i'm going to watch some basketball," he said. I went over to him and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight Jay," I said.

"Goodnight Cal," he said.