11. back to raleigh

I packed up all my things. It felt weird Jayson's apartment seemed like home. I sighed as I began to walkout something caught my eye. A picture of me and Jay in college was hanging up.

I looked at the picture. Jayson has just won the ACC tournament. He had his arm around me and I had his ACC tournament championship hat on. We seemed so happy.

I heard keys juggle in the door. After a while Jayson walked in. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at practice?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I had to say goodbye to my girl," Jayson said as he put his things down.

"Jayson I need to tell you something I wanted to tell you after I came back from Raleigh, but since you're here. I like you a lot Jayson, and I mean like I used to back in college, but you're in the NBA your dream. I don't want to ruin that for you by distracting you. But I just wanted to let you know I like you if you liked me back maybe we could work this out," I said.

Jayson looked at me to make sure I wasn't playing. "I like you a lot Callie, and I would like to make us work. But I don't know if I can handle a long distance relationship right now-" Jayson said, but I cut him off.

"Well my work actually has a bank here, and I can request a transfer and I can move to Boston," I said.

"You can live with me if you want," Jayson said.

I smiled. "I'd like that."

Jayson took my hand. "So Callie Joplin. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Let me think about it," I said putting my hand on my chin acting like I was thinking.

Jayson rolled his eyes with a smile.

"The verdict is drumroll please Mr. Tatum," I said. Jayson stomped his feet. "Yes!" I yelled.

Jayson hugged me tight.

When we pulled away Jayson looked at my eyes than my lips as if to ask for permission. He leaned in. We were inches apart when I remembered I had to catch a flight.

"Dang it," I said.

Jayson looked at me with wide eyes.

"I have to go back to Raleigh," I said.

Jayson sighed. "Always ruining the moment," he said playfully.

Jay grabbed his keys and wallet. "Ready?"

"Yessir," I said.

I grabbed my bags and walked out to Jayson's car.

Jayson opened my door for me. "Thank you," I said. He smiled at me.

I seen Jayson jog around to his side of the car.

"Ready to roll?" he asked. I nodded my head.

We listened to Drake most of the ride. Passionfruit came on.

"This is my song!" I yelled over the loud music.

Jayson laughed.

"Listen seein you got ritualistic," I sing.

"Cleansing my souls of addiction for now," Jayson finish

"Cause i'm fallin apart, yeah," I continued to sing.

"Why didn't you pursue your singing career?" Jayson asked sarcastically.

"Because i'm too good I don't want to scare off Beyoncé everyone would attack me," I said back.

"Ah I understand," Jayson said.

I laughed.

"We're here," Jayson said.

"So this is goodbye?" I asked.

"Until you move to Boston," he said.

He help me carry my bags. When we got inside the airport I sighed.

"Bye Jayson I love you," I said.

"I love you more," he said.

I have him one last hug. When we pulled away I kissed his cheek.

I smiled as I slowly back peddled.

Jayson waved.

When I got on the plane I put my headphones in and played Passionfruit. I smiled to myself.

This was the beginning of something special.

-
-
-
p.s. drake is top 2 and not 2.