The Webcam - A True Deep Dark Web Horror Story

Before I tell my story, I want to implore upon everyone never to go to the deep dark web. It's a place where horrifying acts are committed and I ask you all to keep your children and family safe from a truly terrifying ordeal.

I was 26-years-old and unemployed. Feeling unfulfilled by the monotony of a job life, I decided I would try my hand at working from home, so my days and nights comprised of me surfing the internet for any jobs I could get.

I was a big procrastinator, so more often than not I'd stray away and waste time in other things. One day, I came across talk of the deep dark web while on Reddit. I felt amused by the people talking about it as if it was something so scary, and decided I'd take a shot at it.

It was stupid of me to go on it in the first place, but I made it even sillier by deciding to check it out late at night. It was after 2am and I came across a website where you could chat with someone anonymous.

The person got was a woman – she was in her early-twenties, very gorgeous, who sat with her head in her hands, looking playfully into the webcam while batting her eyes.

I had no desire to turn my camera on and started our chat, thinking that while I didn't come across anything scary, I could befriend this pretty girl, which sounded like a better deal anyway

She told me to turn the camera on, but I ignored that request and tried to get her to talk. She finally did after some prodding, but I noticed how guarded she was. I also noticed how after every message I sent, her eyes would look off camera either to her side or somewhere behind her computer.

After a while, it started getting annoying so I asked her if someone else was there with her.

"I want to see you first," she said laughing. Up until now, I'd been chatting while she'd answered my questions verbally.

I'm not that curious.

"Don't be scared," she laughed again, this time looking behind the laptop again and making a face that seemed to indicate she was laughing at my expense with someone else.

This is getting boring. It feels like I'm not just talking to you.

"That's because you're not. You're talking to all of us," she giggled, looking over to her side again.

Who else is there?

"Turn your camera on."

Is this a joke?

"Turn it on."

I'll be leaving now.

"Turn on the camera," her laughter was almost piercing by now; there was nothing humorous about the situation, yet she threw her head back with riotous laughter.

I'd had enough and moved the cursor over to turn the chat box off when I saw the cursor had jammed. The only thing that was working was the chat box and I still had access to the keyboard.