The Bed Sheets - A True Harassment Horror Story

My husband had a job which took him abroad for months at a stretch. Our daughter was 5-years-old at this time, and she and I would be by ourselves.

Our days were generally lonely, so she began sleeping with me in bed at night. However, I noticed she'd started being too dependent on me, so I made it a point for her to sleep in her own room till her father returned.

My daughter sneaked into bed again one night, after she'd had a bad dream. I was harsh with her, and told her she'd need to be more brave and that she couldn't keep climbing into bed whenever she was scared.

 I was harsh with her, and told her she'd need to be more brave and that she couldn't keep climbing into bed whenever she was scared

In order to make it up to her, I took her out for games on the night before my husband was supposed to arrive back home.

We went to the arcade, where I let her play while I kept watch on a bench nearby. By the looks of it, my daughter had made a friend, and she was showing the little boy how to throw the ball into the dunk.

I thought I'd interject so she didn't intrude on the boy's game, but then felt a hand on my arm. I looked round to see a woman next to me; she had a delicate smile on her face.

She seemed about 27-28, which was around my age, and motioned toward the children. I took it as her confirming the little boy was her son.

"Let them play. It's how they'll make friends," she said.

I hadn't been around someone my age in some time, and instantly took to this woman. She told me about herself, and began a hearty conversation. We talked for ten minutes before I suggested getting something to eat.

As I said it, I went back to look for my daughter – she wasn't there anymore. I ran my sight around the arcade – it was jampacked with children and adults – and couldn't place my daughter anywhere. Frantic, I turned to my new friend.

"Do you see them? They're not there anymore."

The woman didn't seem too concerned, and turned her head around once before shrugging back at me. I couldn't understand how little she'd care for the disappearance of her own son.

"My son?" She repeated, sounding confused, "that boy wasn't my son."

I stared her thunderstruck. She then told me she'd been at the arcade by herself and thought to keep me company.

I was too distraught to hear more of her story, and circled in panic for my child, asking every person around if they'd seen a little girl roaming by herself, but no one could recall.

When I returned to the bench, the woman had gone as well. I was at the point of hysteria for my daughter's disappearance when I spotted her by the door.

I scooped her up into my arms. According to her, she'd been with her new friend and had accompanied him outside once it was time for him to leave. When I asked about the woman, my daughter said she'd never seen anyone that fit the description.