prologue

🖾🖾🖾

     The room is deathly silent, cold and vacant, all except for the young man who sits idly on the carpet floor, playing with the ring worn on his left hand. A crisp, silver engagement ring, engraved with his fiance's first and last initial.

The man's face is void of emotions. He feels numb and tired, feels like all his energy has drained, though he has done nothing but sleep and wallow in his own state of self-pity. It's been five whole hours since his fiance left for work, and Jungkook is in need of the former's warmth.

He longs for the man's gentle kisses, how he would hold him so close and secure. Jungkook loves that feeling. To feel safe in his lover's arms, to feel protected and worshiped like he's always dreamed of. It's to the point where he craves for the affection--he needs it. Otherwise, he thinks he'll lose his damn mind.

Jungkook heaves a sigh under his breath, and lets his head fall on to the couch cushions behind him. He begins to count the dots sprinkled across the high white ceiling.

One, two, three... twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four... eighty-eight, eighty-nine ninety... so on and so forth, eventually leading up to a couple thousands where Jungkook's attention drifts off; and he lifts himself off of the floor.

Jungkook plops on to the leather couch. He reaches for the remote a few ways from him, and turns on the television, surfing through dozens of channels with lethargic movement.

Boring, boring, boring, Jungkook thinks with a frown mold on his chapped lips. Everything is boring.

Jungkook releases a noise of frustration, running his hand through his black hair. He continues to press aimlessly on the channel button, but immediately halts at the mere mention of his name on television.

"It's been two years since the search of Jeon Jungkook," A blonde-haired woman says monotonously.

A picture of Jungkook's face pops up on the screen, one taken years ago when he was just a naive, teenage boy. His face used to be so full of life, a big smile on his face with dimples showcased. His eyes were big and radiant, and so was his entire aura altogether. The Jungkook now can barely recognize himself.

"Investigation resumes, according to police captain, Kim Namjoon. Despite his many efforts of solving the case, the captain comes back empty-handed with no evidence whatsoever. The police chief, Bang Si Hyuk, has reportedly said to the public, that he no longer contributes to the missing case of Jeon Jungkook. Kim Namjoon was angered by this notion, and has assembled his own team of investigators to partake in this tragic incident."

"Will Jeon Jungkook be found, or will this end up an unexplained case? Tune in next time for more-" Jungkook rolls his eyes, and shuts the television off before that annoying white news-lady could finish her sentence.

So boring, he thinks.

Stifling a yawn behind his sweater paw, Jungkook rises up from his slouched position without so much of a sound. He walks around the house a few times, rummages through the fridge to eat a quick snack, and then finds himself square in the middle of his shared master bedroom.

Jungkook looks at his bed and muses, Should I just sleep until he comes home? 

He makes his decision, crawling right into the comforts of his silk sheets and duvet. He scoots closer to his lover's side of the bed and breathes deeply through his nose. A smile lingers on Jungkook's lips as he hugs his fiance's pillow.

It smells like him, Jungkook giggles quietly to himself. With that thought in mind, Jungkook jumps out of bed and scurries towards his walk-in closet. He turns the light on and walks inside, immediately being faced with a ton of expensive name brands, some with their tags still on.

The small man plucks a big white t-shirt from its hanger. He wiggles out of his sweater and pulls the large t-shirt over his head. His heart beats rapidly in his chest at the contact.

It feels like I'm hugging him right now.

Jungkook then embraces himself, feeling content. He returns to his bed and wraps himself in a pile of blankets that all smell of his lover. It's warm now and he feels less lonely.

He'll come home soon, Jungkook reassures his conscious, He'll never leave me.

Jungkook raises his left hand up to his face, twisting the ring around his finger and admiring it's simple charm. He grazes his finger atop of his fiance's initials before letting sleep consume him whole.

Come home soon, Taehyung.

🖾🖾🖾

me: guess who's back on wattpad??

readers: took you goddamn long enough fucking loser

me: ):

anyways! i'm back on wattpad so i can actually finish this story. the original was named crazy in love, some of you might've read that, some of you probably haven't. but that's okay!! i've decided to remake CIL for my own satisfaction. i guarantee that sweet angel will be 100000002928938948 x's better than that skank CIL. Also, if anyones willing to make a book cover for SA, I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thank u and pls keep reading!!

xoxo, lynn hehe