Chapter 20

"So what colour dress are you looking for, Sweetie?" The sales lady asks Max and I.

"I don't have a specific colour." I state

"You girls can browse around while I pick out a couple of dresses for you."The kind lady says before walking away from us.

"I'm going to look at those dresses over there, you happy to look at these ones here?" Max asks already walking over to the other rack of dresses so I just nod and smile.

I see a big black dress sticking out from all the other colourful dresses as I get to the rack. A bright pink piece of paper falls out onto the floor as I pull the dress out. I lay the big dress down on a chair and pick up the piece of paper seeing that there is writing on it.

'I love you, Princess' it reads

I smile slipping the note into my hoodie pocket as the sales lady comes back holding a bunch of dresses.

"Is this dress already sold?" I ask referring to the beautiful black dress.

"Yes,unfortunately, a young man came in here earlier and purchased it for a young lady by the name of Alessandra I think it was." My smile gets even bigger.

"That's me," I say and Max squeals from behind the lady.

"Well alright, you will not need to be buying a dress today. Are you going to try it on?" I nod grabbing the dress and heading for the changing room.

As I walk into the dressing room I look at my reflection in the mirror surprised at how I look, happy. I take my jeans and hoodie off and slipping into the dress and it fits me perfectly.

The dress is strapless with a tight sweetheart neckline the flares out like a princess's ball gown. I step out of the changing room and both Max and the sales lady stand there stunned.

"OH MY GOD! I really love Jack right now. You look so beautiful, Muffin!"Max exclaims walking towards me.

"Will you zip me up?" I ask still not having looked at myself in the mirror yet. She nods smiling at me.

I turn around once the dress is zipped up and my breath hitches, Jack chose the perfect dress for me. A tear slips down my cheek as I think of all the fun I had with Jack and how much I actually love him, I can't live without him.

"I guess this is like a late birthday present for Jack," Max whispers in my ear and my eyes widen.

"I missed his birthday?" I ask

"That day when he tried to call you more than ten times?" another tear slips down my face as it hits me that I was very wrong about Jack, he does still love me.

"Should I text him?" I ask

"Prom is tomorrow, wear the dress and he'll know." I nod in approval

"You're wearing the blue one from our birthday, right?" I ask

"Right, we will be shopping for my dress another time. My school's prom is still a week away." She smiles at me.

...

Jack's POV:

I am busy standing by the punch table with the boys watching people dance and have fun. What if Alex's doesn't show or isn't wearing the dress?

Suddenly the spotlight moves to the top of the stairs and I see her, she'swearing the dress. She looks like an angel, that's my Princess.

"I'm going to go get something," I say to the guys

"What you getting, dude?" Austin asks

"Something in black," I say as I walk to the stairs to meet Alex at the bottom.

When she gets to the bottom she wraps her arms around my waist holding onto me like she never wants to let go. I smile and rest my head on top of hers.

"Sabes que te amo, ¿verdad?" I say the words she once whispered in my ear so long ago. (You know I love you, right?)

"I love you, Jack." She says pulling away so that she can look me in the eyes.

I lean down and press my lips against hers, her necklace slips out from under my shirt and she smiles into the kiss.