Late

Location: Balcony, Apartment.

Day/Time: Monday. 9:00 A.M.

Warm sunlight caressed my face.

Blinking I woke up.

I got up from the plastic chair and stretched.

I walked to the kitchen with my torpid shoulders slumping. Shuffling my feet on the cool tile floor to the cabinets and refrigerator I did the small routine of fixing breakfast -my way.

Grabbed a two pieces of wonder bread, toasted them and put slabs of butter. My abnormal sandwich contained Doritos chips, taco meat, nutella chocolate and a doughnut. I stood at the counter and took a mouth full bite. I could feel the chocolate escape from the corner of my lips and the taco meet tumble down my shirt.

It was heaven.

I ate my eccentric breakfast  in under a minute and washed it down with straight black coffee from yesterday.

I stood there a couple of minutes, dazed.

Finally, I looked up at the clock to see it was nine thirty five. How nice, I thought.

I did a double take.

"I AM LATE!" I hollered at the clock.

I paced around the apartment, putting on jeans and throwing things around and finally finding a clean black sweater to wear. As I was putting on the sweater in my pathetic bedroom my foot touched something soft I yelped and fell towards the book shelf knocking an old dictionary along the way. Flinging a couple cuss words to absolutely no one specific I grabbed my note book and keys and ran out the door. I ran  down the first flight of stairs as my socks slapped against each step.

My shoes, I thought suddenly pausing. I ran up the stairs to my home as humanly possible. As soon as I wore  my black vans I vanished.

"I am screwed," I singsonged as I bolted down the street to my job.