Chapter 7: Jung Hoseok

^^^ I refuse to accept this kind of abuse. They're really going to kill me. And for good this time.

      Class has ended any you sit, legs crisscrossed on the floor. As the bell rings you watch the students steam in for the next class. You think about skipping your next dance class, but you promised Mr.Park you wouldn't slack off. So you gather yourself and walk to the underground dance studio designed specially for hip-hop.

    Lost in your own thoughts you silently recall what transpired at the end of class. You had tried to make friends other than Jennie, but instead you'd been rejected. They wouldn't even look your way and ignored your attempts to socialize. You had decided to give up when you heard them gossiping about you. Recalling the words of your peers in your head you began to wonder if such things could possibly be true.

"You know she was ALL OVER Mr.Tae in first period."

"What the hell? Who does she think she is?"

"I heard that she slept with her teachers at her old school for a scholarship, she's mediocre at best."

Mediocre, the dread of any talented individual. Because in a world full of talent, you can hardly stand out. In fact in such places as these where talent is the normality, how could you ever hope to prove yourself? Prove why you deserve to be here, when everyone deserves to be here. What could you possibly offer that some else doesn't have as well.

The more you think about it the more hopeless you feel. You find yourself hiding in the underground dressing room. You feel as if another run in with these crazy teachers will only make your situation worse. It's better if you go unnoticed.

After a while of listening to depressing music and playing on your phone the bell rings and you change back into your normal clothes and head back to ground level. As you pass through the studio you spot someone in the corner of the room.

"Skipping on the first day Miss (Y/N)?"

I can't do this, not again, the rumors will never end.

So you bolt for the stairwell door only to find the person is now in front of you. He looks down at you with a blinding smile, one that would usually engulf the world in happiness. But something about this specific smile is terrifying.

"You didn't really think you were going to get away from me did you? That's not fair, not fair at all. You've had so much fun with the others, I thought I'd be my turn."

"What?" Your voice is barely above a whisper.

"I assumed that Jimin made you aware of your current situation, no?" You blink at him.

"Yes? Ah yes, you're supposed to be leading by example tsk, tsk." He giggles to himself. 

You can feel tears welling up in the corners of your eyes. When he realizes his entire demeanor changes.

"Oh don't cry, I'm sorry, I'm still a little amped up from today's classes. I tend to become a completely different person when it comes to dance. Guess I was still in beast mode, I hope I didn't scare you too much."

He has you in his embrace as he says this. He's become warm and comforting. And you can tell that he's genuine. So you let it out, you cry about the stress of the day.

When you're done, he leads you to his office and hands you a can of soda. "This always makes me feel better, he says." You sip the cool, lemon lime soda with gratitude. It really is really is refreshing.

"Well I believe it's time for me to head out, get home safely." He gives another one of those bright smiles as he heads out.

Even the sun would go blind at that.

You take your time exiting the school, admiring the architecture of the building. This is what you want and it doesn't matter what you have to endure. You're going to do whatever it takes to achieve your dream. There is no other option.

You now walk with your head held high, straight to the parking lot when you see Dr.Min heading straight for you. "Come. Now." He commands.

You follow him without protest. Eventually you see the outline of an elevator through glass doors. When Dr.Min opens the doors the elevator is in full view. It's foreboding, as it stands at the end of a dimly lit hallway.

When you reach it he pulls out a key and holds it out in front of the elevator doors. It opens. He turns and grasp your hands, pulling you in and hitting the only button on the panel. It says one word "up". And up you go.

Then you feel his gaze. It's just like in the class room. Your heart pounds. "Are you okay?" He breaths. "Hoby told me you skipped his class and when he caught you, you ended up crying."

His eyes are round and feline. Searching for any disturbance that may have set you off. "It's okay, I'm okay. It was just a lot today." You reply with a reassuring gaze.

He breathes out in relief. You quietly analyze the elevator's insides. It has gold and silver striped walls with octagonal spotlights overhead. Then you remember your destination. "Up", reads the digital panel in red lights, one that would usually say something like "floor 15".

"Where are we going?" You ask beginning to feel sick. Dr.Min senses your unease. "Up," he replies. "We can only go up from here. It's okay," He holds your hands in his. And draws soothing circles on the back of your hands with his thumbs. You feel his minty breath on your face. His face growing closer, it's like when you know you're about to kiss someone. Your so close but when your lips brush up against his you snap out of it and pull away.

What am I doing?

"I'm sorry but this is highly inappropriate," glancing up at him with disapproval you continue. "You are my professor, my greatest idol, and not to mention our difference in age. I'm 18." You say.

He gives you a long look. "Do you know when my career as a composer started?" He ask. "I was twelve and throughout my 19 years of life I've managed to become a professor at my own empire."

"W- ah- you're nineteen? But every record on you says that you're 26! This doesn't make sense." He chuckles at your disbelief.

"Genius," he says. "It comes with a great price, you grow up so fast." He looks away from you. "I built this place. A high school, my investors thought it was a good first step with me being so young, but the truth is that I thought that perhaps I could find some way to relate to those my own age." He smiles to himself. "And I did, but to the extraordinary like myself." He gives you a serious look. "This is a government secret, leaking information such as this could have you wiped from existence." He then softens. "You my dear, (Y/N) are one of us. Your family has done it's best to hide the truth from you all your life. But It's time you discover who you truly are," he leans closer. "What you can truly be." He says this with such conviction that it takes your breath away. He smiles brightly, gums revealing above the rim of his teeth.

Then the elevator opens.