Language Barrier

Silver gray eyes looked at the cabinet before him with a victorious glint that was reflected by the smug smirk on the teen's lips. This came when he noticed that a bird he placed in the cabinet moments ago has successfully disappeared without leaving behind a single feather or blood like the other tests did, "Perfect ... Uncle Severus will be so proud and Tom will be happy too, but to be sure I'll test it personally."

The young wizard opened the cabinet all the way and stepped in. With a deep breath he shut the door. To say Draco was relieved to not feel any pain, meaning it most likely worked, was an understatement. He pushed the door open and stepped into an old store called Borgin & Burkes. The store was filled with dusty dark artifacts, but no one seemed to be there except for the bird Draco put in the cabinet.

The eerie sign outside creaked loudly snapping Draco from his daze, "I should leave a note for Mr. Borgin." He flicked his wand to get rid of the conjured bird before it broke something and went to the counter to scribble a note on the booklet for orders that simply said 'DM order complete'. The owners of the shop would know exactly what that meant so with that done he stepped back into the cabinet, but he froze as he heard voices on the other side ...

(Damn! Who could be in the Room of Requirement at this time of night?) Draco scowled and carefully opened the door of the Vanishing Cabinet a little more to see who was talking. He could hear both voices clearly and they both sounded somewhat familiar too him, but he had no clue what they were saying for it was in a different language. At first he thought they heard or saw him because the conversation paused, but the conversation continued a second later so he relaxed and peeked out of the cabinet. (Potter? ... Filch?)

Much to the young Malfoy's surprise the Dumbledore loving idiot, Harry Potter, was having a chat with the grouchy caretaker and in a different language no less. Not only that, but Potter seemed to be enjoying the talk. Actually, now that he thought about it he never saw Potter truly smile or laugh until this moment. He always assumed the 'Boy Who Lived' was just arrogant and felt that everyone was too boring for him, but Potter did not strike him as being so now. With strong mental shields up around his mind he managed to ignore the pang of jealousy he felt when Filch said something that made Potter give a genuine laugh and kept listening closely ...

It was hard to know how long the conversation lasted, but Draco had to shift in order to keep his arm from falling asleep. Despite that though he was still absorbed in the conversation going on even though he was clueless as to what the two were talking about. The subject at hand changed to a more serious one judging by the subtle shift in their tone and body language. Filch asked Potter a question and the Gryffindor closed his eyes in thought. A moment of silence passed before the green eyes opened revealing sadistic glint that could almost be considered a turn on. Not that Draco thought Potter was sexy, of course ...

Whatever Potter said made Filch nod his head in respect, which was unheard of! Filch doesn't show anyone respect or kindness. The cruel squib, who just happened to be hired for their first year proving someone hated them, only showed happiness when he caught kids breaking rules and got to punish them. That damn cat Ms. Norris was just as ruthless at tracking troublemakers down, which is why this interaction made absolutely no sense! Potter is by far the biggest troublemaker out there so these two should hate each other almost as much as Severus and Potter hate each other, right?

Strangely enough that was far from the case for whatever Potter said next made Filch gave a deep bow just like how very loyal Death Eaters bow to Tom. This was the most the most bizarre conversation he ever heard and he understood none of it! It seemed as though Filch asked another question and this one made those green eyes soften as if they were discussing someone that Harry cared about. Draco leaned closer to listen to the conversation he couldn't understand as he mentally told himself that he was only interested in information not Harry's possible love life. Of course not ...