Corpse Puppet

Last Time:

"Exactly ... cover me." Draco whispered and as Theo watched for people who might spot them, which was unlikely because everyone was there to pay their respects, he went behind Cedric and stunned him with a spell ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Oh shit!" Blaise hissed as the second to the last memory finished, which was of the one conversation he watched with Draco and the others by the lake side.

The memory showed that the argument was about Harry's temper again. At least in the beginning. The rest was Cedric trying to convince Harry to not go anywhere near Dumbledore, but of course Harry felt the need to protect Sirius and Remus and insisted on going to Grimmauld to force out the traitors.

It was no surprise Sirius Black lost it and went on saying, 'It wasn't his job ... I was his godfather ... I should've been protecting him!'. It got so out of hand that Remus and an auror had to drag Sirius out of the room. At least they tried to ...

"We need to find Draco and Theo now!" Blaise hissed in Severus's ear as everyone was watching Sirius get escorted towards the door. Like Draco, Blaise, Greg and Vincent saw a problem with the memory. There was only half of the memory shown and the most significant part was cut out. The question was why? Also, the fact that Draco, Theo and Cedric were missing since the memory before only spelled trouble if the two Slytherins were thinking along the same lines as those in the courtroom.

"Why? This may be too much for them." Severus whispered back catching Tom and Lucius's attention.

Blaise frowned as he glanced at the currently empty spot where Cedric was sitting before and shook his head, "I'll explain later. Right now we need to stop them from doing something stupid-"

A loud crashing sound echoed through the room startling everyone. The witches and wizards all stopped and focus on the door that was blow off its hinges by Hagrid. Cradled in the half giant's arms was the body of Harry Potter. Despite the shrieks of protest coming both inside and outside the courtroom the half giant stormed up to the front of the room and carelessly dropped Harry on the floor much to the outrage of the onlookers especially Sirius and Remus.

"Headmaster Dumbledore loved Harry. He couldn't have done the things he is accused of. None of them would!" Hagrid bellowed ignoring the aurors surrounding him. "Some people said it was possible to fake a body. That's what this is! Someone took Harry and faked his death using a replacement to frame those close to him!"

Amella held in her rage and tried to remain impassive as she signaled for silence from the outraged crowd, "Our healers scanned him thoroughly and the fact that they got medical records makes that a very unlikely possibility." She sighed in frustration as Hagrid refused to step back and considering the half giant's strength it was safer to comply. "Since you are clearly not going to cooperate we will do a much more in depth scan right here."

Hagrid smiled in triumph thinking he got his friend off the hook. Dumbledore forced himself to smile at the half giant and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. In the old wizard's opinion the half giant was a fool and was always an easy pawn. At first, he thought nothing would come of this, but the he noticed someone in the back of the audience. He spotted Tom right in the seats near other known Death Eaters and, much to his immense shock there was Severus's mother, Eileen! The very woman he thought was killed during her rescue attempt! If they were here that means this was a plot! Perhaps the half giant was onto something and that very thin thread of hope was all Dumbledore had to cling to though he seemed to believe the thread was thicker than it really was.

"Oh dear, I think he saw me." Eileen fretted. For years she had nightmares of the Order members breaking into her home and dragging her to that dark cell. John Doe saved her from that terrifying moment and died for his efforts, but not before she was hit with a killing curse. Of course, that's why the light side believed she was dead. Who wouldn't after seeing someone hit with that curse, but John did something to her chest and everything froze for a second right before that green light hit her. When everything started again for her she was alive and surrounded by the very concerned Malfoy family and Tom in the Malfoy manor. Whatever John did kept her alive through the killing curse.