Introduction

Liv in the picture above

Liv in the picture above. (Played by Peyton Kennedy).

"It's New York baby always jacked up!" I sang to myself. Despite hating my uncle, I couldn't deny that his music was a masterpiece. I loved his new album and I think it's so much better than his old One Direction stuff. Even though he would love to send me his album cra.p I would much rather buy it myself in secret and not cause family drama. So far, I had a Harry Styles poster rolled up under my bed, the CD version of his album, and all the music he had ever written or sang downloaded on my phone. He was a music genius, but a complete doucheba.g in real life.

With music blaring in my headphones I jogged up our long driveway signifying almost completed my daily run. I sprinted up the stairs leading to the front door of our expansive "house", which is I quotations because I think its more of a mansion than a house. We have so many rooms that we could host 20 people and still have room.

My parents are both hotshot neurosurgeons, and my dad is on the Boeing board of directors. they make way too much money. I honestly think they don't deserve as much money as they get, I mean they're great people, but there are so many others that could use it more.

I press my key into the door, and am surprised that its unlocked. Cra.p! I hope it wasn't me that forgot to lock it. The front door swings open to reveal my parents sitting in our kitchen with a mysterious box. Why on earth are they here? It's the middle of the day, they should be at work!

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" I asked as I slipped of my running shoes and trotted over into the kitchen. as I walked in, I realize that its my stuff? why on earth is this in here? 

"Olivia Juliet Parker, why on earth did Cindy (our maid), find this in your bedroom?" Oh shi.t. this is really bad.

"Mom, I swear, I can explain! It isn't what it looks like!" I stuttered as my eyes surveyed what they had found. Shi.t! They found EVERYTHING! across the table lay my Juul, with assorted pods,  weed, in little baggies, and my pill bottles filled with Xanax and Adderall. I'm in so much trouble.

"So you're saying it isn't what it looks like? Because it looks a hel.l of a lot like our daughter is a drug addict!" my father yelled, causing me to shrink away. I lowered my head in shame because I couldn't really dispute what he just said. My mother looked so disappointed, on the verge of tears. My father looking so angry. Probably because his only son had recently died of a drug overdose. How could I have done this to them? they've been through too much. Obviously the reason they're going away. 

"Mom, I need help." I whispered, my voice barely perceivable. 

"I know Olivia. Your father and I have decided you will go to a rehabilitation center for the rest of summer." They wouldn't. They know I can't miss cheer camp! that's 2 months at the center!

"But also, you cannot come on the relief trip, you will be staying home with a guardian for the year. You would be too much of a burden on the trip and we could not give you the care and attention that you may need." My dad finished for my mom. What the hel.l? they know I need to get away too! they can't leave me alone in the house my best friend died in! this is torture. Thats the whole reason the bullshi.t started anyway!

I stalked away muttering under my breath. I better start packing. knowing them they'll be shipping me out tomorrow morning! I started throwing clothes and toiletries in my suitcases, knowing all well that I couldn't bring electronics.

I was right, the next morning my parents sent me to the airport and off to Newport Academy in Connecticut. I spent my 2 months, and got better. I was home just in time for school to start, which I was apparently going to, since my parents were leaving me behind. 

School started, I hungout with all my friends, Practiced cheer and Model UN, kept my grades above 98 percent and life was good. 

Then the dreaded week approached. My parents were leaving. I couldn't be mad, because their reasons were one hundred percent valid, but I could be sad that they were leaving me for a year, with and unknown guest to take care of me. I can't believe my parents still won't tell me who's staying here while they're gone! I mean, she/he will be here in less that ten days! I had been bugging them about telling me since I got home from rehab.

Hello everyone! I hope you guys enjoy this story! I'm a really horrible writer, but I like doing it. Please feel free to leave comments or constructive criticism!

Elle<3