1- Umm, Hello?

Liv's bedroom above.

pictures of Liz and Mark (mom and dad)

November 14

Today I'm cleaning my portion of the house. My parents want our house to be pristine for our elusive guest. My parents are actually pretty great for being so snobby. They think I should learn responsibility and how to take care of myself, so while maids clean the rest of my house I clean my own. That consists of my bedroom, closet, bathroom, art studio, and my hallway.

I finish washing the natural stone tiles of my bathroom, I flop onto my bed and open my phone. I open Instagram and scroll through my feed. Ugh so many Harry Styles pap photos! Why on earth is he in California? "Harry Styles spotted in LAX airport November 14." god, people don't just leave him alone sometimes. Life would be so hard like that. God, I'm so glad I'm not associated with my uncle.

Yes. Harry Styles is my uncle. it sucks. I think I mentioned that he is my uncle, but I better explain this more. Basically my mother's father and Harry and Gemma's mother got married when my mother was twenty and Harry was two. My mother and Harry are merely step siblings, who saw each other every couple of years. My mother was in college and Harry was a toddler, so our family isn't very close with Harry and Gemma.

When Harry was in One Direction was pretty much the first time my mother contacted him since her early twenties. When they were on the Where We Are tour my mother emailed him. I got really into their Music in 2013, and insisted that my parents let me go to a concert. He gave us backstage passes and I met him for the first time. Even though he was my uncle, I couldn't help but to have a crush on him. I also had a crush on Niall, like most American girls. My friend Jess and I went to the concert and it blew our little ten and eleven year-old minds.

I was becoming a nervous wreck about our guest. I decided to bake something. that always takes my mind off of things. I love to bake. I decided on chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting, simple but delicious. Perfect to wow our new guest!

as soon as I was finished frosting the cupcakes and set them in their container, the echo of the doorbell filled the air in our house. My mother rushed to get it, and on the way she ushered me to go to my room to change my clothes. Apparently I was covered in flour and frosting.