Chapter 2

"I'm officially screwed"

_____________(there you go)___________

Or so I thought, but then I realized that this is my chance, my gateway to become my own person, to gain confidence and......

And.. did you know that green eyes are the rarest eye color?

No you badgirl, this is no time to think random facts!!!!

Ok breathe in breathe out, back straight, chin up, smile and confident steps girl, your gonna get that job.

"Good morning Mr Willson , I'm here for -"

"The interview, yes, I'm aware, have a seat Ms.."

He didn't even take time to read my CV, Soo rude...

"Malika"

"Ah yes.. Ms. Malika the Cambridge Graduate, yes I remember. Forgive my earlier rudeness I'm just a little tired."

Hmm he's not that rude after all...

"That's alright sir, all's well."

"Great so tell me why do you think that you are appropriate for such a high post? I have seen a lot of degrees in my career, what's so special about you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and perfectly seriously face.

"I have been managing and organizing all my life from my parent's wedding to all my friends birthday parties, I'm good at that stuff and being straight to the point is my forte. I think that's what you require."
I replied equally serious, not a single thing being a lie.

"I like the confidence Malika, I'm Alexander. Welcome to IBM as my PA. Will you be comfortable starting tommorow?" He asked finally with a smile.

"W- what? Oh yes, yes!! Absolutely!"
I replied flustered and surprised.

"Ok then let me escort you out. I'll be expecting you tomorrow at 8 am sharp."

"Of course sir" I replied with a saucy smile.

He smiled back and led me to the door, that he opened for me and placed his hand on my lower back guiding me out.

My whole body sparked with the feeling of his big hand on my petit waist and I moved away cause I enjoyed it a little too much.

If he noticed, he didn't say but there was a secret smile playing on the corner of his lip. He's eyes staring straight ahead and he placed his hands in his suit pocket drawing my attention towards his attire of the day.
An expensive suit and dress pants along with sport shoes... Wait what?! Sport shoes??

"Sport shoes?....." I said out loud and saw a tiny spec of colour tinging each of his cheeks.

"Um.... Yeah I didn't get to change my footwear before office. Any qualms you have about it?" Asked raising an eyebrow at the end.

I looked away blushing and embarrassed. " No why would I "

No conversation was continued after that and he dropped me at the elevator and smiled at me which I returned.