01.

'18

'18.7.15. 23:57

Dearest H,

Even if you never see me that way, I still think you're the greatest. My greatest H... When I first met you, you never really sparked my interest. Not even on the second, nor the third. I was more interested on trying to get by.

We were both swimming by college waters, and I just got on with the wave while you were already there for a while.

You were my senior and I was a freshman. Not much of an age difference in between because of the shift in the school curriculum, so we crossed paths more than I liked.

You were a student leader and I usually couldn't care less, but now I'm helpless.

One fateful day, the sun must have hit you in the right pose, or the music just was in the right timing, but it was as if something was wrong...

No, despite the feeling in my stomach, I didn't consume any dairy that day to trigger the onslaught of my lactose intolerance... I didn't quite know it yet, what I did know back then is that you looked cute. And my heart raced a little in that turn you did.

It was as if you were in HD focus, and I could see clearly the smallest details, the crinkle in the corners of your eyes while smiling, how you breathed in and out deeply from exhaustion. Perhaps they were right when they said red was an attractive color. And I was attracted to you, like a moth on a lamp.

It occured to me later on what happened, and I groaned.

"Not again!"

I was slowly liking you, and I realized it just now.

You were the greatest showman of my stage, H. Please keep shining, even if it's not for me.

- C.