cuarenta y uno

they went to the corbyn loft apartment.

daniel had never expected corbyn to take him home with him. obviously, his apartment was his private sanctuary with limits that customers could never cross. but corbyn wanted his company tonight. just daniel.

without saying anything, he simply opened the front door and climbed the stairs to his loft. then daniel went with him.

his apartment wasn't as he had imagined. it was not dark, with old furniture. the loft was open and well lit, with high ceilings, and huge windows.

it is almost as beautiful as corbyn, though daniel.

daniel loved it immediately. he realized that the place looked more like corbyn, the real corbyn and not the slippery image he kept.

daniel was too upset and worried about corbyn to please his natural curiosity and look around every corner. he stopped in the middle of the floor and waited for corbyn to take a bottle of merlot from his shelf full of wine and open it to serve two glasses.

he carried the wine on the low couch and motioned for daniel to sit down. then he put the glasses and the bottle on the coffee table and went to turn on classical music.

they both sat down and drank their wine in silence. daniel had no idea what to say, he had no idea what to do. he wanted so much to help and comfort corbyn, but he felt powerless and incapable.

corbyn sat and meditated, finishing two glasses of wine and beginning to serve himself again.

daniel swallowed. "is there anything i can do?"

the blond shook his head slightly and just stared. "i'm sorry you had to see that...my father"

the bulge that had accumulated in daniel's throat from below on the sidewalk threatened to strangle him at the sight of his aching acquiescence, at his deep conviction that it was not worth worrying about. "i don't care," said daniel, leaning toward him in his urgency. "he doesn't deserve your concern."

the blond's face twisted as he tried to control his emotions.

"corbyn, are you okay? do you want to talk about it?" he doesn't deserve your worry" spoke again.

"no" then softened the sharp word and the closed expression with a hoarse tone, "thank you."

"well." daniel had no idea what to do. he wanted to pull him into his arms, comfort him, but he feared corbyn would pull away from his touch. corbyn's defenses were high, and daniel was just another client.

nothing in his relationship gave him the privilege of comforting him in that way.

so he just sat quietly and let the rich wine slide down his throat.

after several long minutes, corbyn spoke, "i hate him" now he was staring at the floor, obviously imagining his father's face.

"i know, you have every reason to do it. i hate him too" daniel only knew nolan besson for his reputation. but it didn't matter. he hated the man more than he could remember hating someone. just because he hurt corbyn. "because of you. i hate him for what he did to you."