Where am I?

Pain...so much pain... It was overwhelming, gnawing away at every part of his body, tearing it apart mercilessly.

He twitched, trying to curl up in a ball and hug himself. But he couldn't. He was stiff, completely stuck, unable to move.

In a panic, his eyes flashed open and he gasped, taking in all his surroundings in a confused rush. Where was he? What had happened? Where was his brother? Why'd he done that do him? Was he dead? Had he been tied down and locked away?

Upon hearing a soft creak to his right, he managed to force his head round to the left, looking up at the figure stood towering over him in fear. "N-Nightmare?" He choked, terrified his twin had came back to rip him to pieces once more.

"Uh, no. I'm not Nightmare." A voice rang out, the person stood over him humming. "But if you're wondering, I don't think he's here. Only you came crashing into my back garden like a trained missile."

"I-I what...?" The injured skeleton winced, slowly tilting his head to look down at himself. Bandages, casts and plasters we're covering virtually his entire body, some of them having small patches of red blood seeping through them.

The taller looked him up and down, frowning. "Still not sure why you came flying into my back garden though... Can you tell me why? And what happened to you for you to get into this horrifying state?"

"...Where...where am I...?" He asked, completely ignoring his question.

"Um, my place? The hospital kicked you out after bandaging you up because they were so freaked out about the fact that you have no soul. It scared the hell out of them, heck, they thought you were cursed."

The injured skeleton blinked rapidly, looking down at his chest in alarm. "M-My soul's gone?!" And then the memory of Nightmare ripping his apple from his chest rushed back into his mind, hitting him just as hard as those monstrous tentacles had done.

Breathing shakily, he looked back up at the person above him, taking in their features. Whoever they were, they were also a skeleton, having dark empty eye sockets with a black tar-like substance running from them down his cheeks. He shuddered, those reminding him of Error, the God of destruction. They wore a simple blue hoodie, white shirt, black shorts. A red glowing target seemed to hover ever-so-slightly over the fabric of his shirt, looking rather threatening.

But then the smaller's intense stare was broken as something slightly heavy jumped onto his chest without warning. He jolted, looking down at it in surprise. Twas a fluffy ginger cat.

It looked up at him curiously before padding down his chest and pressing its face against his cheek, purring loudly.

"Oh! Uh, sorry. Bad girl Missy." The stranger said quickly, going to pick up the cat.

"N-No! It's fine..." He mumbled, smiling softly at the cat. "She's not in the way..."

The other looked down at him curiously as he pet his cat happily. "So...I'm curious."

"About what?" He glanced up at the taller stood by the bed.

"You. Who are you, and why on Earth did you come flying from the sky and smash into my back garden? I'm almost five billion percent sure that normal people don't do that."

The smaller looked away, wincing. "You wouldn't understand..."

"Oh wow. I'm not stupid you know." He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Whatever. Am I at least smart enough to possess the knowledge of what your name is?"

"...Dream."

"Dream?" The taller looked down at him, raising an eyebrow. "How quaint. Anyways, my name is Killer."

"The opposite of quaint..." Dream muttered, looking down at his casted up body. "Anyway...how long am I going to be stuck like this? I can't stay here for long."

"You mean how long until you're allowed to ping back into the sky and go back to wherever you came from? Heh, the answer's not for a long time. The doctors did say that as soon as you're awake I'm allowed to take your leg casts off, but..." He trailed off, a small smirk playing at his 'lips'. "I won't do that unless you tell me more about who you really are. And I want the truth."

The smaller hissed softly under his breath, glaring up at him. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

Dream looked away, thinking. He couldn't tell him about who he really was, that would just make him look crazy. And saying that his evil god-twin was the one that smashed him into his back garden probably wouldn't go down well with him either. "I..."

"Are some sort of God?"

Dream almost choked, looking up at him in alarm. "A-Am I what?"

Killer immediately burst out laughing, shaking his head and clutching his stomach. "Oh god your face! You looked so genuinely terrified! I'm messing with you kid, I don't believe in that shit."

He held back a loud sigh of relief, managing to exhale shakily instead. "Well in a-all honesty...maybe it would be easier to explain to you if you did..."

"Oh dear don't tell me you're some God who's rivalry with some other God sent you into a fight which you clearly lost and as you failed, the other God flung you down into my back garden?"

Dream was speechless, blinking rapidly. Any word he tried to force out simply dried up in his throat to nothing. He'd practically got that perfectly right.

Killer smirked widely, looking him up and down. "Am I right?"

The smaller swallowed harshly, his eyes looking everywhere except him. "P-Partly...how did you guess that...?"

"Eh, my best friend is obsessed with the idea of Gods. He often stole my weekends by dragging me to the library to pour over endless books of God mythology and bullshit like that. He was fascinated by all of it. Me? I found it boring."

"B-But what makes you think I-I'm a God of some sort?" He asked nervously, finally forcing himself to meet Killer's gaze.

"The fact that you're still alive despite the fact that your soul has been ripped from your chest. And I recognise that circlet of yours."

"M-My circlet?" Dream panicked, realising it wasn't resting on his skull as usual. "Where is it?"

"Relax, it's right here." Killer rolled his eyes, picking up the now mud-free crown from the bedside table. "And if I remember what my friend was always babbling about, you're probably the God Dream. The God of all things positive."

The smaller looked up at him, frozen. This guy had figured out who he was in a mere matter of a few minutes. If it was that obvious for him, how easy would it be for other mortals to recognise him. Just by talking to this guy, he'd already broken one of the number one rules. But if the mortals figured out he was actually real and possessed a mortal form, the end of the upper realm for him could come crashing down. He'd be banished no matter what.

"U-Um...yeah...that's me..." He mumbled, looking down. "God of positivity..."

"So who slammed you into my garden and ripped your soul out?" Killer asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"...My brother..."

Killer paused, seeming ever-so-slightly shocked. "Oh, Sorry."

"Don't be. We were destined to be enemies from the very start."

————————————————————————

Mmmmdhdhgjjxcyyxhzgsdff w o w

Chapter 3 is d o n e

And going g u d ?

Jdhxysuejsjxhudhejshxgxhshhshshdhsjejemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hunny I have plans for this book

>:3

-Jess-