The Grass Guy

Beth slowly woke up, "Eugh.." She lifted up her arm and then looked over her shoulder. "Shermy? Shermy?!" She said as she got up. "I'm okay.." A weak voice said. Shermy was not too far away from her. He had fallen with Beth, but the impact made him get thrown. "Thank glob! Are you alright?" Shermy got up and ran towards her, stopping. "Yeah! I'm kinda sore though, but that was AWESOME! I hope we can do that again since you've got wings. When did you even get wings?" He scrambled up her shoulder, looking down at the small wings. "Ooooh. Wait- BETH! The sword survived the fall!" Shermy leapt down, running towards the sword and then facing Beth. Beth turned to face him a couple feet away. "It only got some scratches. The branch that fell went through that pretty blue gemstone thing, but that's fine, y'know?" Shermy kept on blabbering as the branch started to wrap around the sword. The branch had some buds on it, a bunch of leaves growing on it as it morphed around the sword. A green figure was formed who slowly started to get up. "Shermy.." Beth said. "And yeah,  like, we have our own sword now!" Shermy paused to look at Beth. "Shermy..!" "What?" "BEHIND YOU!" Beth shouted. Shermy turned quickly to see a figure that was on his knees. "OH MY GLOB! WHERE'S OUR SWORD? AND WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING?!" Shermy screamed as Beth came behind him. He quickly climbed up her shoulder, taking out a small stick that was in his bag. "Mrghm.." The figure finally stood up fully. He was about 5 foot, or something like that. "Who are you?" Beth said, making the figure jump who quickly turned around. "Oh! Sorry.. I didn't see you there. Uhm," The figure glanced at the sky and then at Beth and Shermy who was waving a stick around. "SHE ASKED YA, WHO ARE YOU?" Shermy said, attempting to be threatening. "I'm Fern.. where's Finn and Jake.. Neptr and BMO?" Fern looked around, facing the other way to look in the distance. Shermy suddenly was hauled over his shoulder. "I think you mean Phil!" "Phil? What do you mean?" Fern said to turn around and saw Beth holding the small stick Shermy had. Shermy hopped off his shoulder and walked towards Beth backwards, facing Fern. "Phil! You don't know Phil? He was like, a hero who fought in a war, like a thousand years ago.. THE GUM WAR! I think that is what it's called. Right, Beth?" Shermy said as he bumped into her. "Yeah.." Beth handed the small stick back to Shermy who shoved it in his bag. "Wait. The Gum War.. which was a thousand years ago.. you're talking about Finn! His name was not Phil, it was Finn." Fern said happily, but then frowned. "That means.. he's gone." Shermy blinked, and then paused. "You knew him?! Beth, we're friends with Fern now. He knew Phil-- I mean Finn." He said with excitement. Beth nodded, "So. You knew Finn? What were you, friends, cousins, brothers? You must be like, a thousand years old now." Beth said. "I guess I am a thousand years old now, huh. I was pretty much his brother." Fern shrugged, "but now he's gone." Shermy frowned. "How about you stay with us and tell us more about Finn?" Beth blinked at Shermy. "Well, it's not like I have anywhere to go.. so, yeah. I guess so." Fern shrugged. "YESS! Beth, this is so cool!" Shermy jumped up and down. "Okay, you can stay with us." Beth said. "Also, do you have our sword by chance..?" Shermy said. "The sword? Oh yeah!" Fern casually put his hand in his chest, grabbing onto something. The handle of the sword was taken out-- and then the blade. "The gem is a bit busted buuut.. you can probably fix it somehow." Fern handed Shermy the sword. "AWESOME! Thanks, Fern!" Shermy handed it to Beth put it over her shoulder. A loud explosion in the distance was heard, the direction of the ice kingdom which was not vibrant anymore but, the whole entire land wasn't anymore at this point. "We should start heading back, c'mon." Shermy nodded at Beth and jumped on her shoulder. The three headed towards Beth and Shermy's home. "You remind me of Jake. Do you know Jake?" Fern suddenly said. "Jake..yes. I was told stories about him in my old kingdom, the pup kingdom." The three were back in silence as Shermy started to fall asleep as they kept on walking towards home.