one

"I swear to god, if you're still talking about that damn chipmunk—" Luke says to Spencer as he walks in, and Spencer and Dallon laugh, Dallon's hand accidentally grazing Brendon's. Chills run down his spine and he looks at him. 

What the fuck?

Dallon's smile suddenly feels so warm, his entire body is suddenly the most beautiful piece of art, and his laugh sounds angelic. Brendon stares at him in shock and almost a little fear, and eventually everyone notices.

"You okay?" Dallon asks him sweetly. Brendon's heart is pounding. 

"Yeah... I... I'm fine," Brendon says quietly.

"Brendon?" Luke asks cautiously, but Brendon doesn't look away from Dallon's blue eyes. Have they always been so pretty? So luring?

"I... sorry, um... I-I'm..." Brendon forces himself to blink and look down, then stands up. "I'm gonna go take a walk."

Brendon quickly leaves the bus without another word, putting his hood up to avoid the rain. he hurries away, just walking down the streets of some town. 

Nothing has been alright. Things have changed and ironically, it's not okay. Brendon wishes it was how it was the day he met him. It took 6 months for him to realize it, and he remembers it like it was yesterday, Dallon simply laughing and Brendon realizing it, realizing he's in love with Dallon. 

"Brendon." Brendon flinches slightly as Dallon waves his hand in front of his face. Dallon looks at him worriedly. 

"What?" Brendon asks in confusion. "Sorry, I guess I zoned out."

"That seems to be the only thing you've been doing," Dallon says, causing Brendon's heart to sink. For some reason he expects him to start yelling, but he doesn't. The others look at them. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Brendon says quickly. 

"Bren," Dallon says softly, carefully placing his hand on Brendon's shoulder. Chills run up his spine, melting under the taller man's touch. "You haven't been yourself recently."

"What do you mean? I'm not... I haven't changed," Brendon says hurriedly as he shakes his head. 

"He's right," Luke says, so Brendon looks behind Dallon and at him.

"I agree," Spencer adds.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm fine. I'm the same person I have been okay?" Brendon defends himself.

"Bren, you... I know you haven't been sleeping," Dallon says softly and quietly. Brendon shakes his head more, swallowing and turning away. Nausea and dizziness washes over and everything turns black. Dallon's eyes widen and he catches him, immediately checking to make sure he's breathing. He is, thank god, and Dallon looks up at his manager worriedly. 

"Okay, just... get him to his room, he hasn't been sleeping, he's probably just exhausted," Luke says, and Dallon nods. Spencer stays with Luke as Dallon picks Brendon up, quickly noticing how much lighter he feels than he used to. He looks a little skinny too. 

Dallon carries him to his own room, Spencer helping with doors before returning to Luke's. He places him down on the bed after kicking the covers back somehow. He takes Brendon's shoes and socks off, puts them on the ground, covers him in the blanket, and sighs. Brendon frowns a bit, eyes fluttering open. 

"Dallon?" He asks tiredly before he even focuses on his surroundings. 

"Just go to sleep, it's alright," Dallon says calmly. He goes to turn but Brendon grabs his hand.

"Stay with me," Brendon mumbles. Dallon looks at him.

"What?"

"Please? I don't wanna sleep alone," Brendon explains tiredly, so Dallon sighs. He takes his shoes and socks off, then goes around the bed and gets in under the covers. 

Brendon turns his body and snuggles into Dallon, arms wrapped around his waist as he buries his face into Dallon's chest. Dallon blushes a bit and fixes the blankets before wrapping his arms around the small, raven-haired boy.

"Goodnight, Dal," Brendon says quietly.

"Goodnight, Bren."