Don't Go, Please

This story will only be maybe about five chapters long as it is a short story. Please enjoy, and don't kill me. -H

Derek sat in the loft waiting for the pack to arrive for the meeting, today felt off, Stiles wasn't there yet, he was always there at least an hour early. Looking down at his phone going to give Stiles a call, he gets a phone call from Scott.

"Derek come quick! It's Stiles!"

"Where are you?"

"His house! Hurry!"

Derek was in overdrive now he ran as fast as he could to the younger boys house. What happened to Stiles, was he okay? Derek's wolf was howling inside of him begging him to run faster to his mate. His mate. He was going to tell Stiles after the meeting tonight. They had been getting closer, closer than they already were, the night Stiles kissed him, it all snapped in Derek's head.

"Come on Stiles, we have to go meet the pack for dinner, Lydia will kill us if we're late," Derek says trying to drag Stiles from the loft, he'd stayed the weekend there on the sheriff's request as there was a new enemy in Beacon Hills and he wasn't going to be around trying to keep the public calm, Derek agreed right away for the boy to stay with him for a few days. He loved spending time with Stiles, his want to be closer to him was getting stronger and Derek wasn't sure why.

"Der, can we please just skip the stupid dinner? I really just want to stay here. We promised my dad I wouldn't leave the loft to remember?" Stiles whined not moving from his place on the couch. Derek had managed to get him up, showered, and dressed before Stiles gave up on the idea of going out.

"Leaving the loft without me. We agreed that you couldn't leave the loft without me remember?" Derek fought back. He loved spending time with Stiles alone, but they needed to see the rest of the pack, Derek needed an update on everything that was going on in town.

"You really believe them, don't you?" Stiles laughed throwing his head back against the couch.

"Believe them? What are you talking about Stiles?" Derek said in a small growl, he was growing tired of Stiles trying to worm his way out of this.

"They aren't going to be there, they're trying to set us up. On a date. My dad isn't actually that worried about me, you're already at the house every night as it is. He knows you're there Derek. He's in on it as well. He knows that you'll run to my helpless aid no matter how far away you are, trust me he's not worried about me being alone." Stile huffed feeling defenseless in everyone's eyes. He was getting tired of being boring old Stiles who can't do anything. At least Lydia can scream really loud to protect herself. Stiles just has his stupid bat that wouldn't put a dent in any supernatural that they go up against.

"Stiles..." Derek sighed sitting on the couch next to the younger. "You really believe that, don't you? That no one thinks you can take care of yourself?"

"Well yeah, I'm the only one in the pack who can't do anything to help himself." Stiles now hung his head resting it in his hands. He could feel the tears welling in his eyes.

"Stiles, look at me," Derek grabbed his hands lifting his chin up so Stiles would look at him, "You are not useless or helpless. You do so much for this pack, you are the center of this pack. You know even though you don't have supernatural powers, I would have you be my back up any day over one of the others. Because I know that you'll make sure we get out of there."

"You mean that?" Stiles asks tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Of course I do Stiles. You might not be a werewolf, but you're my most important Beta. My right-hand man." Derek smiled at the boy.

What happened next Derek wasn't expecting. Stiles was on top of him in seconds pressing their lips together. Derek was shocked at first before grabbing onto Stiles' hips pulling them closer and melting into the kiss. "Thank you, Derek. For everything." Stiles whispered leaning their foreheads together breaking the kiss for a second.

"Anything for you Stiles," Derek said connecting their lips back together. They could hear their phones going off in the background, but right now, all they cared about was each other. In that second everything was perfect.

Their relationship continued to grow from there. They would hold hands, cuddle, kiss each other, they didn't care who was around or saw, as long as they were together neither cared.

Derek neared Stiles house seeing all of the flashing lights, he was so lost in thought he didn't even hear the sirens. He busted through the officers standing outside of the house finding everyone standing in the living room still in a panic.

"What happened?" Derek exclaims falling to his knee's next to a bearly breathing Stiles. His father was a mess in the corner of the room Melissa trying to calm him down.

"I was on my way here to get him, the Jeep broke down again and he was waiting on a part to fix it, so I said I would pick him up." Scott gasped holding his best friend's hand pulling his pain away. "When I got here I watched something run from the house, I dropped my bike in the middle of the road running int the house not caring whatever ran from it. I found Stiles laying on the floor blood everywhere. I tried the stop the bleeding as best as I could calling everyone who I could think of." Scott was balling his eyes out trying to help his best friend.

"He's not going to make it Derek, he's lost so much blood, my mom thinks that the thing hit an artery." Scott sobbed.

"Move," Derek demanded his eyes going red. He will save Stiles, he will do whatever it takes to save Stiles. "Call Deaton now." Derek grew out his teeth resting his forehead on Stiles.

"I'm going to save you, I will do whatever it takes. I will not lose my mate. You hear me, Stiles, you stay alive." Derek whispered before biting down on the boy's neck. This had to work.

Derek didn't know how much time had passed before he heard Deaton speaking to him. "Derek move back, please. Let me see him." Derek moved, but it wasn't far. There was still a faint heartbeat. Stiles was still fighting.

"Derek, you tired, but it won't save him." Derek's face grew pail looking at Stiles, had black blood coming from his nose. The bite didn't save him. 

Bump, bump, bump.

Derek listened as Stiles' heart stopped.

"Don't go, please," Derek begged as he pulled the boy into his arms.

"Deaton do something! Save him! Take my life for his please!" Derek pleaded, holding Stiles to his chest, "You have to do something!"

"There is nothing I can do Derek, I can't bring the dead back to life. I'm sorry."

Stiles was gone, there was nothing Derek could do now. He lost his mate.

He howled. Derek howled letting everything know that he was in pain, that his mate was gone.

Beacon Hill will never be the same.