Psychological and Pathological affecting health

-The Immune system

-Effects of stress in the immune system

-Maintaining a good social life prevention of illnesses

EFFECTS OF STRESS IN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM

How stress affects the immune system

1. Stress occurs when life events surpass your abilities to cope. It causes your body to produce greater levels of the stress hormone called cortisol.

2. Cortisol can boost your immunity by limiting inflammatory. But over time, your body can get used to having too much cortisol in your blood. And this opens the door for more inflammation.

3. Stress decreases the body's lymphocytes (the white blood cells that help fight off infection). The lower your lymphocyte level, the more at risk you are for viruses, including the common cold and cold sores.

4. High stress levels also can cause depression and anxiety, again leading to higher levels of inflammation. in the long-term, sustained, high levels of inflammation point to an overworked, over-tired immune system that can't properly protect you.

5. The brain and the immune system are in constant communication in this delicate balance that can be disrupted by any kind of physical or emotional stress.

6. If we're not able to change our response to stressors, we'll find ourselves in a constant hormonal battle that will lead to serious health issues like hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.

7. Some experts claim that stress is responsible for as much as 90% of all illnesses and diseases, including cancer and heart disease.

COMMON EFFECTS OF STRESS ON YOUR BODY

· Headache

· Muscle tension or pain

· Fatigue

· Change in sex drive

· Stomach upset

· Sleep problem

COMMON EFFECTS OF STRESS ON YOUR MOOD

· Anxiety

· Restlessness

· Lack of motivation or focus

· feeling overwhelmed

· irritability or anger

· sadness or depression

COMMON EFFECTS OF STRESS ON YOUR BEHAVIOR

· overeating or undereating

· angry outburst

· drug or alcohol abuse

· tobacco use

· social withdrawal

· exercising less often

Some of the mind-body therapies that help reverse that are:

· . Evidence shows that people who believe they are doing better actually do better than those who have the same physical condition but aren't as positive. Research also suggests that , hostility, and other negative states affect the immune system.

· techniques. Changing how we act can often break habits that trigger stress reactions.

· Social support. According to researchers, people with strong social support have better overall health and are more resistant to infection and disease.