02 || raindrops.

please vote, comment, and share

"God, you're such a nun."

I take a long draw from my coffee and shoot my other best friend and roommate an indignant look. We're currently out for lunch at the local cafe and I've made the horrible mistake of telling her and Fleur about Cody.

Lyla came into the picture around December, right before we took our leave for the holidays. Fleur and I had been casual friends from high school and had been living in a suite without another girl to occupy the third bunk. Our personalities clashed quite a bit back then. We both had an aptitude for attitude, but I was more reserved. Fleur would yell without an ounce of remorse.

We had been finishing up projects for the latter of the month, and for days on end, it'd been raining like it was nobody's business. Fleur and I'd been sitting in the main lounge warming ourselves up after a quick trip to the nearby grocers. And from seemingly nowhere, this blonde bombshell of a girl came running in, out of breath and sporting a serious case of RBF.

Lyla had always been the it-girl. She'll walk into the room and bam, she takes the spotlight. So of course, we'd been quick to notice her presence. Almost immediately, she pointed at us so viciously it seemed like fate had brought us to that very moment in which we'd meet our roommate. The girl proceeded to demand that we room with her because no one else would.

Fleur and I had been hesitant at first. If others wouldn't take her - that wasn't particularly surprising; she didn't exactly make a great first impression - we weren't sure how she'd help our situation, but it turned out that Lyla was a problem-solver. Even if her tactics for resolving issues were, simply put, questionable. She helped us bond as a trio.

...Thus bringing us to present-day. I don't think I would trade them for the world.

"You should know that aside from the fact that I've decided to wait until marriage, I'm not a nun in every other sense of the word." I pause, and the two girls share a look that tells me my smart mouth isn't exactly impressive right now. "But honestly what was he thinking? He could have been a prostitute for all I knew."

"A prostitute? Really? Get your mind out of the gutter. But sorry I didn't tell you about him sooner," Fleur apologizes, not looking sorry in the slightest.

"Yeah, whatever." I sigh and tug at a few strands of my hair. My friends can honestly be the most annoying people to exist. "You could have spared me the sight of him topless. I thought I'd slept through an entire night of you going at it like rabid dogs. Ew."

"Thea! Gross. I'm not about to commit incest."

"Well..." Lyla shoots me a wicked smile. "You interested in him?"

I gag, choking on my coffee. "How could you ever ask that? I just met him. Of course not."

Coughing, I take my banana and peel it as Fleur continues to pester me about her brother, even though we're practically strangers. Exasperated, I start using one-word answers to reply to her.

"Do you like him?"

"No."

"Do you think he's attractive?"

"No." Another lie, but one more tiny one won't hurt.

"Would you ever date him?"

"No! Fleur," I sigh, thoroughly irritated. "I'll say it again: I literally just met him."

"Would you ever do the dirty dirty is the real question," Lyla says. "I mean, look at you." She gestures suggestively to the fruit in my hands.