𝟏

KEIRA ALWAYS TRIED TO AVOID LITTLE SPACES

KEIRA ALWAYS TRIED TO AVOID LITTLE SPACES. Ever since she was little, she couldn't stand being in a small room and less if she was with people. Her parents had come to the conclusion that their lovely daughter was claustrophobic so they started to avoid small and crowded places for her.

However, Amelia and Michael couldn't do anything for Keira when she was locked up in a small cell with grey walls and only a bed and a bathroom. But after two panic attacks in her first day as a prisoner the doctor of the prisoners obligated the guards to move her into a bigger cell, better if she had a partner, if they wanted her to survive until her eighteen birthday.

That's how Keira got paired up with Nathan Miller, a boy from Alpha Station. Usually, guards wouldn't mix two people from different genders but they thought that pairing up a murderer like Keira with a strong boy was better than with a weak girl. Keira didn't agree on those terms but she kept her mouth shut, glad that at least she would be having company and a cell were she could actually breathe.

Unfortunately, Keira was also anxious and worried about one thing, her partner. She wasn't recognized as a good person and people didn't like her. She had been found guilty for murder even though the knife had the fingerprints of someone else. However, those fingerprints belonged to a very powerful person who was able to get an innocent pay the price for him. In this case, Keira Anderson.

Although her bad reputation, Keira actually got along with Miller pretty well to the point of considering themselves as best friends. The two of them had to spend almost every single second of the day together and it had made the two know everything about each other.

"You know what day is today right?" the dark skinned boy asked Keira.

The brunette was laying on her bed peacefully trying to get some sleep but since Miller had woken up, he hadn't stopped talking about stuff she didn't care about. Keira was having some trouble sleeping due to the trauma of what she had to live but Miller was always there to help, just that that day was his day off as a psychologist.

"I don't know Miller and I don't care" she rolled her eyes sitting up on the corner of her uncomfortable bed. She decided to gave up sleeping and faced the boy "But enlighten me"

"It's our friendship anniversary!" he announced opening his arms to surround Keira with his arms. The girls smiled as she wrapped her arms around him too, feeling a bit guilty of not remembering the exact date like he did.

"Sorry for not remembering it, but with my birthday around the corner I can't stop thinking about anything else" she explained when the two pulled apart. She pulled one strand of her brown and shoulder length hair behind her ear nervously while Nathan sighed.

"Your birthday is next month" he reminded her "A month can be very long, especially with me" Keira laughed at that "so don't worry about it, just enjoy the moments while you can"