Chapter 1- First Meeting

Bella's POV

    I'm going to the market to buy some tomatoes for the dinner my parents are holding tomorrow night. It'll be small, but some old friends of my parents have recently moved back to Chicago and they wanted me to meet them. Mother is making tomato soup. I try to pick out the best looking tomatoes. As I reach for one, it slips out of my fingers. I reach down to pick it up, but someone's already picked up for me. A handsome gentleman with bronze hair a gorgeous green eyes hands me the tomato I dropped.

    "Um, thank you," I stammered, blushing. My heart was beating a million beats per minute.

    "You're welcome. I was watching you. I'm not usually this straight forward, but I just wanted to tell you something; you're maybe the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. My name is Edward Masen."

    "Wow, thank you. I'm Isabella Swan. It's a pleasure to meet you," I said. No one had ever given me a compliment like that before. Especially not someone like this.

   "Likewise. When can I see you again?" He asked. I couldn't believe he wanted to see me again. He doesn't even know me, this is moving so fast.

    "Well, I'm going to attend the Francis' party on Saturday night," I said. The Francis' were a rich couple who held a big party that almost everyone was invited to annually. I was pretty sure that he would be attending.

   "So am I! I will look for you there. I can't wait to meet you again," he said. I had trouble looking at him, though he tried to look me in the eye. I was afraid that if I looked into his beautiful green eyes I'd blush.

   "Then I will see you there. I better get back home. It was nice to meet you, Edward," I said. I didn't want to give away how excited I was to see him again.

  "Until we meet again, Bella," Edward said. He looked honest. How could someone like this be interested in me? I was completely ordinary, and he looked like a Greek god.

   I walked away, going to the counter to pay for my tomatoes. As I walked home, I couldn't stop thinking about Edward and the Francis' party. Before I was just going to make my parents happy. They've always wanted me to marry for love, and so they know that I'd really have to know and live any man I'd marry. I'm seventeen now, and I'm expected to marry within the next few years. My parents want me to get out more, to find a potential husband. Maybe if I talk to Edward at the Francis' party, they'd get off my back a little. I was getting more and more excited.

  I walked into the kitchen to give Mother the tomatoes. I must have been walking happier or something, and my mother noticed.

  "You seem to be in a good mood, darling. Did something happen at the market?" She asked. My mother had always said I was like an open book. I know that I could never hide anything from her.

  "Well, yes. I met a nice gentleman. His name is Edward. He's also going to be attending the Francis' party on Saturday," I told her, blushing. I waited for her reaction.

  "That's very good news! I always knew  you'd meet someone!" She said. That's my mother, always overreacting right away. But I suppose it makes sense for her to, since I haven't really ever mentioned a man before to her.

   "Well I don't know if he's the one, but we'll see," I said.

  "Okay, darling. Why don't you go tidy up your room?" asked Mother.

  "Okay," I said. And I did.

Comment to tell me if you liked the first chapter of this story! Thanks so much for reading!