In the Rain (Kellic)

My phone vibrated on my nightstand, emitting an annoying noise until I picked it up. I smiled as I examined my phone, looking at who texted me. It was Vic, my boyfriend of eight months.

New message:

Vic <3: Hey baby :)

My smile grew wider at him calling me baby. I quickly typed away at my phone.

To:

Vic <3: Hey c: what's up?

At the moment, I was cuddled up in my bed, listening to the rain throw itself at my window. I loved nights like this: Saturday night, pouring rain, virtually no lights and a warm bed. Oh, and texting your boyfriend, that's always nice, too.

New message:

Vic<3: Missing you c:

"Awe..." I sighed out loud, just staring at my phone. A giant smile was plastered on my face as I typed back.

To:

Vic <3: Do you have evidence to support your answer?

I sent the text, jokingly. Well, only half of me did. I was half serious. Did he really miss me? Does he even like me enough to be with me? I was soon jarred out of my thoughts as the phone vibrated in my hands.

New message:

Vic <3: Yes, I do. C: every moment I'm not with you, my heart hurts and aches for you!

I quickly typed a reply.

To:

Vic <3: awe

And I hit sent.

I wasn't sure how much he was really into me, regardless of how long we've been together. Maybe, for some odd reason, he's using me. Maybe to say that he's dated me or something because before me, he's dated tons of girls and guys.

As if sensing what I was thinking without me saying it through a message, he said:

New message:

Vic <3: you don't believe me do you???

To:

Vic <3: Idk......

Honestly, I am not sure. Like I said, he could just be dating me just to say that he has. Vic is a great boyfriend, don't get me wrong, but maybe were dating for the wrong reasons. Maybe he feels sorry for me. I really don't know. As if on cue, I got another message.

New message:

Vic <3: Kellin, baby, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.

I laughed aloud at this. What can he possibly say? 'Kellin, I love you so much'? I mean I've heard that before and got heart broken. It's not like it's something I'm not use to. In my past relationships, all of the guys (yes, I am fully gay) cheated on me. It was either that or some would even hit me. Long story short, I was always used and abused. I never (and I still feel like this) felt like I mattered or belonged, like no one cares about me one bit. Like I could die an-

New message:

Vic <3: Okay, listen. I love you. I mean this. When I'm around you, time slows down and it feels like it's just you and I, like were the only people on Earth that matter. Without you, I have no idea how I would even be here right now. Without you, I don't know how to function. Every time I look at you, I smile. A real smile. As if nothing bad has ever happened to me. I feel butterflies everytime we kiss and hold hands. When I'm not with you, I'm missing you to death even if we just saw eachother a day ago. I love cuddling with you and playing with you hair or you hand, it's moments like that in which I wanna stay in forever. Holding you in my arms, man, I wouldn't have it any other way. I know what I'm saying can be rather difficult to digest because of your past relationships, but understand I couldn't hurt you in any way, much less I wouldn't lie to you. I couldn't do that to you or myself because everytime I look at you, I realize my heart is beating just for you. You're always on my mind. I wish you were with me right now. I would hold you and sing to you softy because I know you like it when I sing to you. I wanna get lost in your beautiful eyes and drift into a world where it's only you and I. I wanna hold you so fucking tight that it feels like you can never be harmed because I wouldn't allow you to get hurt because you're mine. My man. My everything. My fucking world. I care about you more than i care about my own fucking self. It hurts that right now, in this moment, I can't kiss you. I wanna feel your soft lips against mine again because when I kiss you, I feel happiness that I've never felt before. I love you, Kellin Quinn. I really do. Nothing you do could ever change that. Nothing. I love you baby, and I miss you so much right now.

My heart skipped a beat as tears fell down my face and onto my pillow. For the next four minutes, I kept rereading the message and cried. I just, wow. Words cannot describe how much this man means to me. Another few minutes had passed and just as I was about to reply, a knock sounded from downstairs. I untangled myself from my bed and made the short walk downstairs. I made sure to be quiet in case I didn't wanna answer the door, however as I neared it and looked through the hole, my heart stopped again. It was Vic. I opened the door and threw myself on his slightly wet body. "Oh, Vic!" I cried into his chest. His strong arms wrapped themselves around me as he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and looked into his beautiful brown eyes. His eyes locked with me and before I knew it we were kissing. This kiss was different though. It was laced with so much passion and love and reassurance. I felt whole right then. Every bad feeling I had before his message was gone. I honestly felt like love. Real love. His lips molded with mine as the kiss continued. It wasn't sexual, no, just perfect. Eventually, we broke the kiss, realizing that we actually needed air. "Kellin..." He panted as he put me down. "Yes?" I smiled as I eyed him closely. He smiled even harder as he spoke. "Close your eyes." He said softly. I didn't ask why, so I just did it. A few seconds had passed and I felt something being slipped on my finger. Without his permission, I opened my eyes to find a beautiful ring on my finger. "Vic?" I almost couldn't breathe as I looked at him. "It's a promise ring." He stated as he hugged me again. We wrapped our arms around eachothers bodies again. I felt his chin rest on my shoulder as we let a small silence engulf us.

Soon, that was broken. "Please stay forever with me." It was a simply question, almost statement. "Okay." Was all I said as we kissed one finally time. Letting out emotions explode into one last kiss for tonight.

How did I get so lucky?

--

Not the best but ehhh