Chapter 17

I shifted my duffle bag to my other shoulder as I walked the streets, not knowing entirely where I was. Again. Bakugou's anger rubbed off on me as I was still grumbling to myself about the situation. "Telling me to quit following him like I had choice... We had to catch the same train..." I huffed.

I checked the time on my phone. "Looks like the train should be leaving now... Guess I will catch the next one." I muttered, turning around to try and find my way back to the station to see the departure schedule. After walking and looking at the street signs I passed, I came to the conclusion I had no clue where I was. My lack of phone signal aided my sour mood.

Acepting my defeat, I came to the conclusion I need to ask for directions. Scanning the scattered street crowd, I made my way over to a young mother pushing her child in a stroller.

"Excuse me, ma'am..." I said and she turned her attention to me.  "How do I get to the train station?" She hummed for a second as she thought before she spoke. "You should find it if you keep going that way for a few blocks and take a right." She pointed in the direction. I thanked her for the directions, as vauge as they were, and headed off.
-
The walk felt like forever since I had finally calmed down and the station was in sight. I checked schedule and sighed at the departure times, the next train home would be a while. "Looks like I have a few hours to kill..." I mumbled, turning to leave the station again. This time I payed more attention to where I was and went on a search for a place to eat.

I popped into a nearby cafe to satisfy the grumbling of my stomach. After ordering, I sat at the table in the corner farthest from the door. A small smiled ghosted my lips as I took a bite from the large red bean bun.

Relief washed over me and any negativity weighing me down was lightened. Chasing it with a sip of (drink of choice) and being absorbed into the calming music help forget the problem at hand.

A full stomach and clear mind had me thinking of what to do next. 'Should I even go back?...' I questioned. Surely Bakugou will turn me in and I will be kicked out as well. 'Even though he isn't always the brightest he still found our, so who else put 2 and 2 together?' Surely other students had figured it out. Aizawa did in no time. I ran my hand through my hair and leaned back in the chair. 'I will just have to see what happe-' My train of thought was cut off with a shriek from another patron of the cafe.

"He just stole my wallet!" The woman yelled. Without thinking I jumped from my seat and took after the man. I was able to keep my eyes focused on the back of him as he doged through the, much more crowded, street. "Sorry!" I called out in vain as I pushed past people as I tried to keep close to the thief.

Out of no where he seemed to just disappear. I stopped dead in my tracks as I scanned the crowd. 'I didn't just do all that running for nothing...' I whined internally, as the sweatshirt I was wearing now felt like a sauna. As I jogged a little further I caught a glimpse of him cutting a corner down an ally way.

I picked up the pace again and turned the corner, seeing the man in question counting his profit. He looked up from the was of cash in his hand and looked a thousand times less amused. "What the hell do you want?" He shoved the money into his pocket and tossed the wallet over his shoulder.

I quickly realized the situation was not in my favor and I hadn't thought this through. My hero instincts and training kicked in before my cognitive brain function. "I um... I-" The words just stumbled out of my mouth as my insecurities tripped my tounge.

"Let me guess. You are a hero wannabe so you chased down the bad guy for your moment of Fame?" He said mockingly as he stepped towards me. I immediately tensed and tried to hold my ground, staying silent. I scanned the ally for anything I could use to my advantage. 'Why couldn't he have stopped in a park...' I complained internally. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He laughed. I glared up at him.

"You aren't worth my time. Go back to your playing pretend and stay out of other people's business." He shoved passed me. I should let him walk by. I should drop it because, realistically, I won't win this fight. Something about his condescending tone and struck a nerve. It brought upon a rising anger that had me ready to act irrationally.

I swiftly grab a decent sized pebble and chucked it at the back of his head. It hit with a thud and caused him to stop in his tracks. He turned around slowly with a look that could kill. Even though they can't, I am still dancing on death's door step.

I try to think back to my hand-to-hand training as the Burley stranger came barreling towards me. 'Keep my center of gravity low...' I told myself. He reached out like he was going to grab me. I met his hand in the middle and turned my back to him. Using his momentum I planted my foot and flung him over my shoulder. I felt a sharp pain in my back but pushed it out of mind. 'Focus.'

He got back to his feet after being stunned for a second. The throbbing heat under my last rib was distracting. Before I could react he landed a square hit under my left eye. It sent me back a few steps. I came back at him with a kick. It didn't seem to do anything. He merely caught my leg and twisted it. I lost my balance and fell to the asphalt like a bag of sand. As I laid there for a second, dazed, a metallic shine caught my eye. 'When did that...'

His foot came into contact with my stomach and I went rolling. I was coughing, trying to get air back into my now deflated lungs. He has propelled me out of the shadows and onto the sidewalk. I felt light headed as I tried to stand, doing my best to ignore the pain.

I threw myself at him again, this time low. I managed to knock him off balance but not enough to make him fall. He punched me again. I stumbled back multiple steps until my back was against the metal railing  that separate the sidewalk from street. 'My back is so wet...' I grabbed onto the metal with shaky hands to steady myself. Black around my vision started to close in as the world seemed to slow down.

I closed my eyes and waited for the next blow but it never came. I opened my eyes to see the first inches from my face, restricted by what appeared to be denim thread. His whole body was held back by them as Best Jeanist stood dramaticly. He seemed to be saying something to me but the city went silent. I blinked, trying to get the black spots from my vision but they persisted.

I could hear sirens in the distance as I lurched forward. The world collapsed in on itself into a pitch blackness.

'I really am useless...'

*
*
*
*
*

*Extra Scene* Bakugou POV

My mind replayed the scene from this morning. Over and over. 'What an idiot.' I thought as I got of the train, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I made my way back to U.A to turn in the paperwork for the internship and check in.

"Yo, Aizawa-sensei." I help up the papers as I walked in the large door. He was the only teacher in the teacher office. "Put them right there." He motioned to a clean stop on his desk. "Where is (L/n)? You are both supposed to check in." His voice was tired and monotoned. "No clue, she didn't get on the train." He seemed to perk up a bit.

"She? How do you know." He questioned. Heat twinged at the edges of my cheeks. "What do you know about her and why is she at U.A?" I shot back. I wanted answers.

"I can't disclose private information about a student. You should know-" his desk phone rang. I stood there as he answered so I could get more answers.

His face seemed to stiffen. "What do you mean (L/n) has been injured?"

------------
I swear I'm not dead!!!! To compensate I made this chapter extra long! I hope you enjoyed, please leave a vote and comment ❤️