Chapter 1

It was another bloody day for the vampire hunter, Valhein. He lives to kill vampires. Each day he butchers more and more of these blood suckers with the goal of wiping these foul creatures off the planet, in time. Valhein always uses guns, and sometimes boomerang daggers and knives to end the filthy lives of these mosquitoes. Normally the vampires don't stand a chance against him. Usually he is able to kill them without much challenge. But he's not a god, he's not immune to danger or the touch of death.

Today Valhein was ambushed by a special kind of vampires. It was Princes. They are quite uncommon and rare, Valhein usually didn't run into these monsters. They proved to be the one and only kind of vampires that manifest as a challenge for the hunter. These vampires, unlike most he's faced off against, are smart and use strategy to help earn them their meal. They also have the ability to shoot fireballs and lightning at their prey.

Today the numbers of the Princes was way higher than usual. Valhein couldn't fight off these vampires in a matter of seconds, like usual. He actually had to run, hide, and think up a way to outsmart them. Valhein was always careful when it came to who he made enemies with, but always serial killing the entire vampire race, it's only natural for what's left to want to avenge their fallen and to end the hunter's life.

Valhein was currently hiding behind the bark of a wide tree while cursing under his breath. He wasn't used to being cornered like this. Always he was the one doing the hunting, not the vampires. But Valhein still had a few tricks up his sleeves, he refused to be beaten by his arch enemies.

He peeks out, and upon seeing the vampires turned a different direction, seizing his moment, he pulls out his anti-vampire gun and shoots out at one's head, and it falls. The other two besides that vampire jumps and their glares meets the eyes of their killer. They lunge on over like a bunch of wild dogs, while the nails to their claws grew much longer to the point, they appeared as razor sharp daggers.

Valhein shoots five bullets at the two, and eventually, wounded, the vampires fall. Valhein lets out a relieved sigh. For once, it was actually difficult to fight and stay alive. But if only he knew of the Prince sneaking up right behind him, he wouldn't had released that sigh.

The Prince tackles Valhein from behind and shoves him against the dirt ground. Valhein's head collides to the earth, and his head immediately begins to pound and throb. The vampire, finally having its prey right where it wanted, stabs it's oversized and razor sharp nails straight into Valhein's side, deep.

Valhein lets out an agonizing cry. But he tries to clam his mouth shut against his teeth, to keep himself from shouting. This Prince alone, was a problem. He didn't need to drag any more over. Plus, it was humiliating to let out pained yelps before the enemy.

Valhein keeps a firm and strong grip on his gun, and while his hand rattled, he aims for the Prince's head. But being a wise breed of vampires, the Prince strikes the pistole away, and it flies away quite far. Too far for Valhein to fetch. Afterwards, the Prince roars fiercely and angrily, full of hate, in front of Valhein's face. Drool came bursting out from the creature's wide mouth, while razor sharp teeth was exposed.

But before the Prince could have a chance to bite off the vampire hunter's head, it is shot with a pistol from behind. It shrieks before falling right ontop of Valehein, frozen in place in both shock and confusion. Once Valhein was able to pull himself together, he immediately shoves the now dead Prince off of him and stands up, while trying not to fall.

He looks towards the direction the fire came from, and before him, was a slender and beautiful woman. She had black coal hair, sharp steel blue eyes. A yellow scarf draped and flapping around her neck, a white and brown attire over her body, and tawny brown boots over her feet. She was beautiful and strong.