Chapter 2

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I mindlessly stumbled into the food aisle. My stomach gurgled and lapped inside me as I considered getting something but the weight from the basket hanging on my arm told me otherwise. I don't even think I can afford any of this. I shuffled away to the checkout counter and dumped everything on it.

"Doing grocery shopping?"

"No." My voice broke a little. Silence fell onto both of us, not knowing what to say. I shifted my gaze down onto his name tag which read 'Bram'. From the way he spoke, you could tell he wasn't from here, he had an accent which made me think he was probably from Mexico. His left eye was a light hazel, and his lips were full and pink. His skin was a copper color, maybe two shades or so brighter. He had freckles all over his body and face but only one mole above his upper lip. His body was slender and his arms and hands where vain-y.

"Bram," I started, splitting the silence. He lifted his face to meet mine and Jesus Christ was he something. His right eye was very different from his left. It was cloudy and muted like he was blind. He was obviously tall but by the way he was hunched over the counter, you would think otherwise.

"Si?"

"How tall are you?"

"Siete pies de Altura (seven foot tall)."

"Can I see your hand?" He was confused but gave it to me anyway. I put my hand against him and it was at least two times bigger. Damn. He quickly retracted his hand flustered. He held it against his chest and looked down at me, I smiled. He tried to hold my gaze but failed, he continued to bag up my items.

"So, do you go to Hampton Highschool?" he chirped still not meeting my gaze. I didn't answer.

"My little hermano goes there, he says it's divertido and filled with all sorts of people. I worry about him though, about how he's fitting in, do you by any chance know him, his name is Jose." He handed me my stuff and my change.

Of course, I knew who Jose was, he was a total goon but I bet he doesn't know that.

"Yeah, I do, but I haven't been back to school in five days so I can't really tell you how he's doing." He was about to say something but I left before he could question me about anything else.

^...^...^...^...^...^

How do y'all like them so far?