7| Two Truths

Your POV

Your POV

"Drop the gun. Let her be."

"No."

You were shaking from shock and fear, unsure of whether or not you could really believe that he was there in front of you with a gun. Nonetheless, you were prepared to hear that final gunshot of your death as the muzzle of your captor's gun continued to press against your temple with more force. The man began to back away down an aisle, heading toward the FIRE EXIT door that you knew was in the back of the store. If he got away, then you were history. But you didn't dare to struggle.

Jisung's gaze focused briefly behind you, not at the man, but past him, which confused you. For a split second, he held his gaze. Then he looked at you and did something that you didn't expect. He put the gun on the floor.

The sound of metal as he kicked it across the floor to the man only made your heart sink.

"Look at that, the killer is giving up?" The man snickered, "Now what? I get to blow both of your brains out?"

You heard the sound of a click as the trigger slowly squeezed inward and felt tears sting your eyes.

There was a bang. A warm spray hit your face and you blanched at the sight of blood on your hands and clothes. In front of you, Jisung calmly walked forward to retrieve his gun.

Through the shock of what had just happened, you recalled something. If Jisung didn't kill your captor, then who did?

"Y-Y/N?"

You whirled around at the sound of a familiar voice behind you, determined to know who had just saved your life. The sight of the familiar boy sent your heart plummeting. Through your tears, you recognized Chenle immediately as he put clicked the safety pin in place on his own handgun.

Chenle? You pictured the boy at the lunch table, with his bright smile and funny laugh, then tried to imagine him shooting a gun without hesitation. The picture didn't fit. Yet again, he was standing in front of you with a gun in his hands. Did he know what he had just done? Killed a man, perhaps?

"We are going to get you home, Y/N," you heard Jisung say to you, but you flinched away.

"Y-you kill people?" you chattered, barely able to speak louder than a whisper.

Jisung gave you a wry smile that looked more like a grimace.

"Jisung, I think she believes that you might kill her, too," Chenle said as Jisung leaned down, looking you directly in the eye.

"Y/N, are you okay? I'm glad that you are safe. I'm sorry that I didn't come when you texted that you were in trouble, " he said loudly, checking in the direction of the cashier and then quietly, "I won't unless I am paid to do so. And if I was paid, I wouldn't do it. Not to you."

"Wh-what is that supposed to mean? I-if you are paid?" You dropped your voice lower, understanding that he didn't wish to be overheard by anyone but you. It was obvious that Chenle knew already, which left out the cashier, who had witnessed everything.

"I'm an assassin," he whispered in your ear.

"Wh-what?"

Jisung sighed. Then he doubled over in pain. For a second, you were perplexed. Then you remembered that he was hurt.

"Chenle!" You gasped, watching the blonde-haired boy, who began slipping to the floor. You caught him before his head could hit the floor. Chenle knelt down before wrapping Jisung's arms around his neck, "We have to get him out before the police come."

You looked at him, bewildered, "Are you going to carry him all by yourself?" Chenle nodded.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I'll see you at school, tomorrow." Then you watched as he disappeared out the emergency exit into the night.

-

Two truths.

You shivered, trying to calm your nerves as you meandered down the street in a daze and up the endless stairs that lead to your front door.

One. Jisung was an assassin.

The events replayed themselves in your mind. Him stumbling in, a stranger in the night. The trigger pulled and the spray of blood against your cheek. His eyes. His hair. The outfit. The gun.

He'd protected you.

Two. You felt your heart jump at the thought of his name.

Yet the cause remained to be seen.

-
Fun psychology fact 101:
You are more likely to fall in love with someone who saves you from a dangerous situation
-
Have a good day/night/morning