🌻 07 🌻

I didn't notice my partner for Physics was in my gym class until we were partnered up for a physical test. We each did push ups and sit ups and had to count how many the other person did until the Coach called time or the person gave up.

Mack gave up after ten push ups and five sit ups. Coach Mel was not happy she gave up so fast. She didn't even look tired or that she was struggling. It was like she just didn't care. And I'll admit that was a bit annoying. But I kind of figured she was a person who just didn't care since in Physics she constantly stayed on her phone ignoring me. I decided I would count my own pushups and situps just in case.

I hated pushups but once I got to thirty I was ready to drop. Thank goodness Coach called time. I did thirty-four sit ups. Mack said I did twenty situps and ten pushups. I told Coach what I actually did before she let us have free time. Which was either playing basketball, volleyball, or walking. Mack sat down instead which meant she was going to lose participation points.

“Hey um..you should probably walk at least.” I suggested walking back and forth by her so I wouldn't lose points too.

“Not in the mood.” she muttered while staring at her phone.

“What's the point in even coming to school then?” left my lips and she looked up glaring at me.

“Excuse me?” she said turning off her phone.

“I don't see why you're here then. You're here at school so do what you're supposed to do.” I said glaring back.

“And how does this concern you?” she scoffed.

“I just hate that the school keeps kids like you around.” I spat and walked away.

Guilt ate me inside instantly. But I wasn't going to turn back and apologize. All I said was true. It was how I felt. Don't come to school if you're not willing to learn. No I don't like school either but at least I try. She's not even trying and that drives me-

A ball strikes the wall right near my head. I jump and shriek slightly. Bex runs over with a frown. I glare slightly as she bends down picking up the volleyball.

“I'm so sorry Karter.” she mumbled while standing up.

The anger boiling with the guilt was a terrible mix. I took a deep breath in closing my eyes and let it out. Opening my eyes I saw Bex looking at me dumbfounded and that she took some steps back away from me.

“It's fine, I accidentally almost  knocked your head off too when I was practicing how to serve for volleyball.” I said before walking away.

“You what now?!” I heard her yell and footsteps behind me.

She appeared in front of me scaring the bejesus out of me. I jumped back as she stared at me with determined eyes.

“That was you?” she asked.

“I just said that didn't I?” I asked raising an eyebrow and she muttered.

“And you didn't apologize? I was scared to death.” she said glaring a bit.

“I didn't think to.” I muttered looking away.

“Well you could now.” she said.

And she could also go back to playing volleyball. Was this karma for bothering Mack?

“I’m sorry.” I said sighing.

“Now, you should join us for volleyball.” she said making me blink.

“And why would I do that?” I said trying to sneak away.

“Because I heard Coach Fletcher say we would be playing again and have a test on it.” she said smirking causing me to groan.