🌻 23 🌻

The night before Bee's wrestling match I worked on a banner. I wanted it to look freshly made, and I know if I made it beforehand it would not look as nice. It would be folded up or rolled up for a long time, producing wrinkles and/or folds.

“What ya dooiiinnn?” Peta asked popping his head into my room, making me roll my eyes.

“Working on something.” I mumble and continue writing motivational words and quotes.

“Soooomethiiiing?” I hear him say right next to me now, so it felt like his voice boomed into my ear.

“Buzz off! You’re all in my ear!” I grumble swatting him away making him pout.

“I just want to knooowww!” he says digging his chin in my shoulder making me wince.

“Look!” I say turning my head in his direction so he would move away. “You can sit down and watch but don't touch, unless I say you can.” I say warning him and he nods sitting down next to me.

After a while I finish the banner. I used our school colors to write on it. It felt kind of empty, I tried to do bubble letters and other fancy writing. But it still felt empty, I wasn't sure what else to do though.

“This is for Bex?” Peta speaks up, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah.” I answer staring at the banner as I thought of an idea and starting to draw bees.

“You should add glitter, don't girls like that stuff?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Not all girls like glitter Peta, but I'll think about it.” I say drawing some flowers to go with the bees.

“Well I think Bexy would like it!” he said poking my flowers making me glare, as he smudged one.

“Bexy?” I muttered and he grabbed the marker from me. “Hey!”

“Yeeessss, Bexy!” he said writing exactly that before “signing” his name under it. “Now we need glitter!”

“Fiiiinee.” I grumbled getting up to go look for the glitter, if we even had glitter.

Eventually I found glitter glue. It was good enough for me, even though Peta thought differently. I put it around letters and made bees out of it. I made sure to put a lot so it wouldn't just look like dried glue later.

“Perfect! Now what is the banner for? Besides Bexy, I already know that!” Peta says while poking me while I was trying to focus on the glue and banner.

“Wrestling.” I grumbled before blowing on the banner to get it to dry and Peta's face lit up.

“Wrestling?! That's sooooo cool! Karter...why don't you wrestle?” he asked looking down at the banner smiling.

“I can't wrestle, plus I don't want to.” I say pushing him back, away from the banner.

“I just think you don't want to! Maybe I should wrestle with Bexy then!” he said standing up.

“You're gonna get yourself squashed, so I wouldn't do that if I were you.” I say making him pout.

“Well can I at least go with yooouuu.” he whined and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Fine, but you better behave.” I say and he cheers then does a weird little chicken dance.

“I get to see Bexy!” he says in a singsong voice while skipping out of my room.

I shake my head with a smile before looking back down at the banner. It looked better than before, Peta had a good idea south the glitter. I'm sure Bee would like it. But it still felt like it was missing something, and I wasn't sure what. Eventually I just set it off to the side to dry on it's own, then took a shower and went to bed.